Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD- I'VE BEEN CONVERTED.BORN AGAIN FISHERMAN
My brother in law and I hit Willard yesterday night. Started chasing boils. It was a different experience and fun. I got my 1st one after many futile trips and I'm hooked. Cooked it up last night with lemon pepper and butter and it was delicious.
Thanks for your tips. I ran across 2 gents last night who boated 4 and was filleting them.
Hey, Holly & Kaite, you are an inspiration. I wish my kids took as much of an interest. We fished the middle and south .
[signature]
way to go. Was only this year she started liking fishing. Took her up to Strawberry right after ice off and she caught her very first fish all by herself (all the previous ones grandpa hooked for her lol). She loved it and started wanting her own lures. She hates soaking baits, she would much rather cast and retrieve something. UNLESS the fishing is hot, then she dont mind soaking, but she still loses interest if shes not catching. Those wipers are yummy huh? fun to reel in too.
[signature]
Congrats! I have been seeing your posts, and understanding your dispair with the wipers. Catching one is all it takes ;0) What boat were you in? I was up there yesterday evening too. My neighbor got one, and I got two. His went to the grill, mine are still swimming. Good luck! Fred K.
[signature]
i was out there to. out by the light pole
[signature]
We tried to make it out to the light pole in my orange canoe and we launched off at the south marina but in the middle, we started see the boils and went around in circles. The light pole turned out to be that drilling rig and we didn't have time to hit the light pole with my slow electric motor. By the time we got back it was completely dark. We'll launch off at the north marina next time.
[signature]
Thats where we were too. What boat were you in? We were in the blue Lund. Fred.
[signature]
red and white boat
[signature]
Lots of boats last night, but I didn't see many people catching fish. I boated one. Lots of fish boiling but not in schools pretty much scattered. I did see a few boats I recognized. petty4life, OldCoot not sure how well Ralph did. My son and I went back this morning to try the cats and caught a few but nothing over 18 inches. May try it again Sunday morning.
[signature]
We were out there last night but we got off the water around 12:30 p.m. we boated 7 wipers 1 catfish and a 8 pound carp that just attacked my lipless crank. we only caught one out of a boil and the rest trolling after dark. fun times!
[signature]
Never tried trolling for them after dark, may have to give that a shot, not too many water skiers then.[:p]
[signature]