Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updated with pictures ME, DISABLED VET (DAV) & MANTUA/WILLARD BAY 9/4/09
I took Daniel to Mantua first for largemouth bass. We got on the water and just way too many weeds all over. I wacky rigged a 4"senko weightless for him and he ended up catching 4 largemouth bass. I tried texas rigged grubs, top water, spinnerbait & nightcrawlers and I could not catch a bass at all. Daniel was catching bluegill and perch also with that wacky rig. I couldn't catch a bass so decided to head to Willard and see if I could catch anything. Took Daniel to lunch at the truckstop at the north willard exit and then headed out of the north marina. Got to freeway bay and trolled thru it without a bite. Headed west across the south dike and I hooked a nice3 lb catfish. That was it for me, couldn't buy a bite afterwards. Daniel on the other hand proceeded to kick my butt again. First at Mantua and now he catches a cookie cutter catfish and a bonus fish.. He caught a 13" huge crappie on the crankbait trolling. Trolled some more and he nailed a nice wiper. All his fish were caught on the secret lure I have (only one) for Willard. To summarize my day it went like this. Me: perch, bluegill & one cat. Daniel: perch, bluegill, largemouth bass, crappie, catfish & wiper......... Something is wrong here when the student kicks the teacher's butt everytime we go out...... Long day. I picked Daniel up at 5:30am and dropped him off at home around 8:30pm I got back to Tooele around 9:30pm. Daniel has all the pics in his camera and I hope to get a copy soon.. I will post the pics as soon as I get them......

[inline "Daniel fishing 002-400.jpg"][inline "Daniel fishing 004-400.jpg"][inline "Daniel fishing 005-400.jpg"][inline "Daniel fishing 006-400.jpg"][inline "Daniel fishing 008-400.jpg"]
[signature]
[#500000]Hey, I wondered where all the Crappie went....Good to know there was still one in there.....A good one at that..........WW.[/#500000]
[signature]
me too...Willard used to have tons of hhhhuge crappie. Probably the lack of brush/cover and some low water years, plus all the carp took its toll on them.

Good to see there are few left in there [Wink]
[signature]
As soon as I get the pics I will post them....
[signature]
Another good deed well done Don. Has Daniel caught all the fish on his list yet? Thanks again for going above and beyond the call of duty to help make Dan a happy VET.
[signature]
I will take him to Jordanelle next outing... Smallmouth fishing... I am having fun watching him catch all those fish and of course I was going fishing anyway so might as well take him also... Gets him out of the house.... My camera was with the wife in Minnesota visiting family....

PS. I am going to take Vivid-Dawn this friday to Newton and watch her catch a tigermusky... Wife came back today so I will have some good pics of that......
[signature]
bump to top pics added
[signature]
You seem like a stand up guy. I am sure that you get plenty of praise but I thought I would send you some also. I like it when people realize what life is all about and share with others that really would not have those resources. I try to share as much as possible but you seem to go above and beyond and I thank you for showing alot of others a good example.
[signature]
I like to fish and met a great guy (Daniel) that loves to fish and wants to learn how to fish freshwater. He has fished saltwater most of his life and never freshwater fish. He puts off his physical therapy on friday so he can fish with me. So with him catching fish and reeling he is doing his therapy for his hands.... He likes that therapy better... I am not doing this for praise just found a fishing partner that can go anytime I am ready to fish... He talks about Saltair when it was open and a big thing for SLC. Interesting conversation all the time for sure.... I am taking Vivid Dawn to Newton on friday, she said the biggest fish she has caught is only 1.7lb catfish..... I hope to get her a nice Tigermusky or 2...... Thats good that you take out others also... keep it up....
[signature]