Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BfT question
i know that several bst members get out several times a year for fishing trips
but the question i have is from my wife!!!

she wanted to know if during these outings have any been made famaily outings,
have or will there be any where the wifes can get togather and go and maybe just spend time in camp or at the location so they can get to know each other even the ones that dont fish or only like to fish a little,but realy dont want to be left home..

this question was asked of me she said if there were times like this then she would not mind me being gone fishing so often and maybe let me go more!!!

i thought it was a fair question..

now what are your thoughts.. about having a group get togather before fall sets in
[signature]
Do you mean BFT?
[signature]
In winter there is usually a perch party and there has been a catfish party in the past and willard tournament with a bbq to the end the day.We just recently had a DAV event a few weeks ago with a bbq and there is a salsa boys get together is in october .There can be other get togethers but someone has to start it and plan it thats all it takes.
[signature]
[cool]We have lots of informal get togethers among the float tubing groups. Got one scheduled for tomorrow at Lincoln Beach.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=524421;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"][#212126]August 28th Kitty Floatilla[/#212126][/url]

We have also had ice fishing gatherings and wiper tournaments on the main board. Unfortunately, these things always seem to turn into major projects and everybody is afraid to start organizing something because they end up shouldering a lot more grief and frustration than they wanted.

The upside of BFT Utah is that we are primarily a family oriented forum, with a multi species membership. There are those among us who focus mainly on one species or one kind of fishing, but somehow we manage to get along (mostly).

And, there are more and more female members...both spouses of male BFTers and ladies who simply like to fish and hang out on the forum. Many of them are pretty fair lady tanglers and contribute a lot to our discussions.

There are no rules about starting or running a group thing. However, if you pop in and suggest something, be prepared to assume the responsibilities for getting it done. Just as in most other groups, 10 percent of the members are willing to do 90% of the work...and the other 90% are willing to let them.
[signature]
To answer your question, I would have to say no. Just as the others stated we have a lot of different outings every year but none where the girls can get together and talk while the guys fish. As was stated, the BBQ after the fishing is the extent of the socializing but not all get togethers have BBQs. I would have to agree with Pat, if this is something that you are interested in, it would be best to try and gage the interest of other members then go from there. If you want to set something up, I'm sure there will be members that are interested but do you really think a bunch of women that don't know each other are going to sit around for hours on end waiting for the guys to came back[Wink]?
[signature]
Just tell the ladies they can get together to play bunko and gossip and they'll flock to wherever you're going [laugh].
[signature]
tlarson,

Another option might be to find something for the wife to do while you fish. Although my wife frequently goes fishing with me she knows that their are times when I want to go with "the guys." I'm not much of a gambler but the wife loves it, so many times when when I go fishing she goes to Wendover with her mom or "the girls." The bonus here is that I leave early and get back early, she leaves later and gets back later, so I can catch a nap before she gets home! Sometimes she even wins.

rctalbot's suggestion is also good and true, if only made in jest, but the gist is find something that she can do while you fish if she doesn't want to fish. The get together is a good idea but would only happen once or twice a year at most and hopefully you want to fish more often than that.

Just a thought.

dj
[signature]