Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter Orange
Hey guys! I'm new to upland game in Utah and just wanted to make sure I understand. I'm not reading anything about hunter orange in the field in the proc. As far as I can see, it's not required unless there is a rifle hunt in progress in the area. Is this correct? I don't want to nailed out there for no orange. Thanks for the help!
[signature]
I think you got it right on the money. I would encourage wearing of hunter Orange for the fact of the visibility to other bird hunters also.
[signature]
Thanks Riley. I usually wear my orange regardless. This is mostly for those spur of the moment outings when I've got my gun in the truck and an hour to kill. Of course, I could keep my orange in the truck too.... Thanks again!
[signature]
In past years it was not required, but recommended. This year I believe that has changed. There is a grey square of new rules for this year on page 12 in the 2009- 2010 Upland Game Handbook. It is on the bottom lefthand corner. I read that Hunter's Orange is now required. As stated earlier, I think it is a good idea even if it were not needed by law. I also don't think it has too big of an effect on the birds. I have had many doves this year fly right over me, even with orange on. Good luck for the upcoming season. I have already had a blast with a few great dove hunts. Can't wait for some other seasons to open.
[signature]
Correct me if I am wrong but the requirment to use hunter orange is in reference to HB 92. In HB 92 in does not mention the need to wear orange on a upland game hunt just the need to wear it if a rifle hunt to going on in that area.
[signature]