Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float tube ?'s on Weight
I am looking to get into tubing and and maybe tooning. I weigh about 300 give or take and I am 6'1". I am looking into a toon because they hold more weight. But I might as well ask you tube veterans about weight limits.

Some tubes have a weight limit of 250lbs and some with 300lbs now I am thinking the 300 will still hold me but with added gear and everything that would add another 30lbs. I don't need an accident on the water and I am losing weight but a toon seems better due to being able to hold weight. What is your opinion on this.

I like the tube idea where I am in the water and it is smaller for storage. Also control seems better.
[signature]
I know the North Fork Outdoor Freestyle H3 will hold 400+.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Most tube manufacturers tend to rate their craft somewhat below the actual "drop dead" limit. The way people sue these days they have to protect themselves.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I fish in the Fat Cats, which are rated at 300 pounds. I am a few pounds under that but by the time I add all of my gear I exceed it for sure. I float high and dry with no apparent problems with floatation.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A big pontoon will definitely float more weight than a smaller float tube. But there are more issues than that to consider. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Spend some time looking back through archived posts and pictures and I am sure you will get feedback from other members.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I did find some but it didnt really give me too much info but I am still looking through them. Thanks TD

Thanks for the info flygoddess
[signature]
WYO - hey buddy I am 6'2 305 and love my colorado pontoon by field and stream, its rated at 350 and with my battery ttrolling motor and gear is well over 350 and it floats just fine. TD tricked my toon out and its now a deadly fishing machine. Look on ksl you can find new toons for really cheap. Hope this info helps

bryce
[signature]
I weigh about 300lbs nekkid, and my Outcast Fat Cat sits high in the water and works great for me.
[signature]
actually the site rates it at 500 lbs.. [cool]
[signature]
[quote michaelnel]I weigh about 300lbs nekkid, and my Outcast Fat Cat sits high in the water and works great for me.[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Not a good visual. A 300 pound nekkid fisherman in a Fat Cat.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You need to be careful about which waters you fish nekkid. You could be subject to assault...or arrest.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Quote:Not a good visual. A 300 pound nekkid fisherman in a Fat Cat.

You need to be careful about which waters you fish nekkid. You could be subject to assault...or arrest.

Or worse..... the fishy might just bite the wrong WORM![shocked]

[Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]In Utah that could get you a ticket for chumming. Or maybe the greenies would make noises about pollution...visual and water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][quote michaelnel]I weigh about 300lbs nekkid, and my Outcast Fat Cat sits high in the water and works great for me.[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Not a good visual. A 300 pound nekkid fisherman in a Fat Cat.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You need to be careful about which waters you fish nekkid. You could be subject to assault...or arrest.[/#0000ff][/quote]

Dang, now I need therapy.[:p]
[signature]