Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROVO RIVER (REPORT)
I went and fished the Provo at the campground last evening, and the fishing was great. I thought since it was so hot that I would wet wade; that wasn't the brightest choice I've ever made. When I got into the river I wasn't sure if I would last. I suffered through the pain and in about five minutes my feet were numb, and I was fine. The fishing was slow when I got there at about 6:30. I don't know if I was just using the wrong fly or if the fish were inactive. I worked my way downstream and managed to catch one nice brown on a blue winged olive that I was fishing like a nymph. I then moved back upstream to where I had started fishing and began to catch a lot of fish. I was using a blue winged olive with a disco midge as a trailer. The fish were in about two feet of water right below a nice set of riffles. I started catching all these fish at dusk so I think they had been out in the deeper runs earlier and then moved up shallow as it got darker. I caught six fish and lost a lot more. All the fish were very nice sized. I hooked the biggest brown I've ever hooked but he jumped immediately and threw the hook. It was a great evening on the river. Glad I stayed in the cold water until it got dark. Couldn't really feel my feet for a while but it was well worth it.
[signature]
sounds like fun - great report hoosier~!

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sm
[signature]
man i can relate i jumed in the prove below jordonell about this time last year it was freezing !! but like you i toughed it out for about an hour it took a good 1 1/2 hour before i even got a tingle back in my feet

chris
[signature]
even the mighty aquaman, who can do anything a fishie can?

sm
[signature]
little inside joke between myself and southernman there i'm going to share a song he came up with all of you and hope you get a good laugh out of it as i did because laughter is the best medcine

aquaman song sung to the melody of spiderman

aquaman aquaman

does everything a fishi can

wags his tail spits the hook

wont give your lure a second look

oh yeahhhhhhhhhh gotta be aquaman
[signature]