Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here it is again...9/11
And all is as well as can be expected.
Looking back, do you remember what you were doing when all H*&# broke loose and change our lives forever?
[signature]
yes I remember exactly... I was sleeping in from a late shift the nite before.. my youngest (MrsMacLarry) came in and woke me up saying that a plane had hit some big towers in New York.. probably terrorists.. so I groggily got up and went into the living room to watch the tv.. as she was catching me up on what was going on the second plane hit the second tower.. at first we thought it was film of the first hit till we realized the first hit was in the frame.. and the announcer basically saying OMG.. the second tower has been hit with a different plane..

.. right then I knew the world as I knew it changed.. scared.. yes.. worried .. yes.. surprised.. yes.. upset... yes.. pissed.. you better beleive it..

I called my wife to see if she was okay.. and then my eldest.. at least I knew they were safe..

.. and I knew that it was all gonna hit the fan militarily.. the bases would tighten up security if not shut down.. traffic going to and from work would be a nitemare.. etc..

so thats what I was doing eight years ago today.. and today Im at work.. I have my red on to support our troops.. I have my flag displayed at the house.. and I have a flag lapel pin on that I only wear on 9-11 ..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][img]../../../images/gforum/bobmad.gif[/img]While making breakfast I turned on the TV to see the results of the first planes impact on the tower. I thought that it was an ad for some new disaster movie. It really came home to me when the second plane hit. It was like living in a nightmare. Can't imagine what those at ground zero must have been going through at that time.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[inline hm.jpg]
[signature]
heard on the news today that other than the 3000 plus that died that day (including rescuers etc).. that close to 1000 of those that were exposed (rescurers, med personnel, passers by etc) have died since then of acuter respritory diseases and cancers that were caused by.. well they are not sure what caused the cancers..

I think they call the respiratory problem the 9-11 cough.. at the beginning..

also heard that the cdc or someone like them are tracking like another 7000 plus people that they think are potentially at risk but have yet to show any symptoms..

so I guess that even though that day has come and gone.. the affects of it will last a lifetime.. or more..

MacFly
[signature]