Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surf rod
i was wondering which would be a better choice for throwing menhaden to stripers in

RI on sandy beaches and rocks. i was thinking a breakaway ldx casting rod or an ocean

master 12 surf rod i don't think think these would be to long or hard to manage, im like

5 10 220lbs and one of the strong teens i know. i will also be throwing plugs . many

impute is appreciated.

i also have a good amount of experiance with baitcasters and was thinking of useing a

penn 525 mag
[signature]
I us a 15' or 16' with a spinning reel with 30lb line. With a little lead I can get it out there.
[signature]
I did some research and went with the Diawa Sealine 540SHA baitcaster, they also have Sealine rods,11' 2 pc baitcaster is what I got and they perform great together, reel hols 350 yds of 30# Trilene Big Game. Cast like a dream but i'm sure the Penn is fine too.

My main target is Bull Redfish but we get more shark than anything.
[signature]
here is what i found about surf fishing!![:p]
[signature]
that person either has a great idea or brain damage
[signature]
I use a 15' or 16' 3 piece surf caster with a shimano 7 ball spin reel. I like to use 10lb to 15lb line with a 3oz sinker. Also my preferred line is fireline braid. The small diameter makes for a real long cast[fishin]
[signature]
Fish are often found out beyond the breakers and a fisherman who is capable of casting a long way can usually reach these fish. The basic equipment required is a long rod-8 to 12 feet, and spinning or casting reel spooled with good quality line rated for about 15 - 20 pounds
[signature]