Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting on Saturday
Went up by Idaho City this last Saturday. Did not see to much. was after bear. Saw alot of fresh elk and deer sign, but along with those was wolf tracks following them. What did stink was I was about four miles back in away from my truck and the sole to by left boot came off in pieces. When it did that I triped and spranged my ankle. The four mile walk back to the truck was not fun.
[signature]
Boot failure is never fun. Look on the bright side, you were only 4 miles in. Who makes the boots that failed? I have had pretty good luck with Rocky boots. Keep us updated! I will be leaving for Idaho in less than two weeks.
[signature]
look at it this way it was only a sprain. I would be writing that manufacturer a nice letter on that one.
[signature]
I know I was lucky it was a sprain. The boots were about 8 yrs old so I guess it was time.
[signature]
This is gonna be my first year hunting idaho as well. I have spent every weekend since i moved here in March glassing and filming animals. Alot of good animals in 39 got video of two big bucks i wanna go after in a couple weeks. Have been looking for somebody to go scouting with if any body is interested. I have great optics and video that gos to 40x it helps to get video so you can look them over later on the big screen.
[signature]
Lumas I would love to but I just got told by doctor this week I have a hernia I have to have operated on in a couple weeks. I told him to get it scheduled so I can recover by deer season.

What town you live in?
[signature]
I live in boise. Just moved here from Arizona but am a native oregonian. Good Luck with the hernia repair. hope all go's well. Any time you need someone to go hunt or scout with let me know. I need to learn the area as much as you do.
[signature]
I will take you up on that.
[signature]
Hey, I'm an original Oregonian too. I've been hunting on my own in Idaho for a few years. Unit 39, I'm always looking for someone to scout and hunt with. Let mw know if your interested....
[signature]
Unfortuntily I am ot going to be able to head out for deer until the 15th. Wife left for out of town until the 14th
[signature]
For sure. Just headed out to lookout mountain in oregon for deer. My good friend has a tag. I am just goin to help him out. Will be back next week and am willing to go anytime i'm not in school or stuck babysitting the daughter(not that i mind). Let me know.
What unit are you hunting elk in? I would of bow hunted but not a legal resident until today. moved here April 1st

jeremy
480-236-0080
lumaslish@yahoo.com
[signature]