Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
polo-dog, Chickamauga, Crappie,Bass, 9/13/09, Freida
I just had to get out and wet a line. My kids are back to school as of the weekend and I have been itching to fish. Got out at 7pm planning on fishing the last hour or so of light for crappie. Fished for a short while for crappie suspended and connected with a 12 incher on the 3rd cast. First cast at a 12 count, second at a 16 count and the third at a 20 count and that was just right. Took a few more casts in the area but the light was dwindling so ran out to a main lake dock that I was sure should be holding fish. Caught 5 more with 4 more keepers at that dock as the waves were sloshing me about. Two of the 5 were at a 2 count over very shallow brush under a dock and the other 3 came from a 6 to 8 count under a deeper part of the dock. By that time there was not enough light left so headed towards the house planning on throwing a worm on top of a roadbed that had a rock pile on top. I could barely line up my casts because it had gotten dark but I felt the rock pile on the third cast and then I thought I was hung. I gave it slack and could feel just the slightest tug and thought that I had missed the fish but set the hook on a nice 19 incher that went somewhere between 3 and 4lbs. I have a pic of that one that I will get off the camera and post. I quit at 8:30, what a great hour and a half of fishing. I'm glad that I finally got back out there on the water. I love late summer and fall fishing!