Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business Trip to Walleye Heaven
It been a long time since I been able to post. Stated a new job a year ago and with a lots of travel and busy days has not allowed for the time to fish.

[Image: big_grin.gif]But sometime the two come together to make for an very memorial trip. Two week ago i had to be in Erie, PA for a few days. They were booked full with meeting and presentations so I could only hope to spend some time looking and wishing I was out fishing. As luck would have it a 10 am the first morning it was announced that the schedule speaker were not going to be there so the activities were canceled. DAY OFF!!

My business associate Mark from Houston TX and I got online looking to charter a boat for a afternoon trip, luck stayed with us and were on a 2:00 pm.

Met the boat Owner Pete Alex at his 29" Pursuit and commenced getting to know get other while we waited for Captain Mike.[fishin]

The weather was was big, flat and barely a ripple on the water. About 40 miles out 60-70 foot we could only see land to the south water the rest the around we started marking fish. They set up the Big Jon down and out rogers four on each side rigged with different #7 rapelas and flat fish, 2 mph trolling . 10 minutes later it was on the first fish in the boat was a 11lb-10oz steelhead then it turned to walleye after walleye with steelhead mixed to get thing exciting, man those steelheads don't like the boat and most got off before getting them in the boat. They would come to the surface, jump into the air, turn around and leave it was ablast.[crazy]

The date ended with 21 walleye, 1 big steelhead in the boat in just over 4 hour of fishing. The biggest Walleye was 8lb-12oz with several other pushing the 8lb bracket.

If you ever get a chage to dump a business trip and go on an unplanned fishing trip this was the place to do.

We were able to get the 28lbs [Smile]of clean filet on dry ice and froze hard for the trip home on Friday, man there good eating.

Captain Mike said it was tournament fishing day with so many big walleye being caught.

Now as I plan for my next business trip I'll make sure a throw in some fish gear, you just never know.

Here a few pictures; Hope you enjoy them as much as I did catching them.

4boats [Smile]
[signature]
I suppose that will just have to do until you get back to Utah [crazy]. I would love to catch some walleye like that...I think it's time to go visit some family back East.
[signature]
LeRoy, glad you were able to get out and do some fishing. Nice catching. Great looking boat that guy has.
[signature]
Now THAT'S a boat I could live with!! And wow, those are some quality fish to be hooking into! Sure makes starvation feel like a little puddle! Good job 4boats [Smile]
[signature]
You have made me break one of the commandments. I'm coveting thy neighbors fish!

Congrats on that trip. Looks like you really had a great time and came home with some really good eats!
[signature]