Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FishnFool, Chick CFF#9, Bass, 09/19/09, JTABLADA
Woke up around 5am. emoRain emoRain It was raining and I was hoping for better for CFF#9. As I was getting ready the dog pee d on the carpet in the bedroom! emoBang Thats why I took you outside emoDoh I guess he did not like the rain emoRain So got to the ramp and the rain had stopped - Wink Wink So blast off a little after 7am and Jason and I headed to the power plant since there was no current we decided to head up stream. We tried TW along the rip rap next to the power plant. I tried out my new Sammy! Few casts later and a smallie hit the Sammy and fought a lot harder than he measured so we threw him back. Seemed like a good sign though. emoCool Kept throwing the Sammy and a few blow ups with bigger fish but no hook ups. Worked around the shoreline and the bite just died. emoAngry So headed to a nearby flat and started throwing spinning baits and I hooked our only keeper of the day. Nice LM maybe 2+ lbs. emoSmile But hey that is not going to win it. Tried some TW - no takers - about 9:30 now. Tried C-rigs around the drop and no takers. Marked fish and dropped a marker buoy but nothing taking the C-rigs!! emoQuestion What the heck? emoScratch Motored back to the power plant to see if their were any boils or current - nothing happening! Thanks a lot TVA! emoAngry Tried C-rigs around the edges of drops off main channel but nothing. Cranked and ran to HBSP and tried some C-rigs, crankbaits, TW and spinnerbaits. Pick up one more bass on spinnerbait but just short so back into the lake emoFish By now it was 12pm so ran back towards dam thinking we would fish GP but someone on the spot so ran to the open water flat near the boat ramp and warmed it up for Andrew and his partner because we did not have a bump but get to the weigh in and Andrew says they culled 2 right there where Jason and I were fishing emoDoh Hey you guys should thank us for moving off that spot ... hahaha! Any way we ended going to the dam but nothing happening. So at that point it was 12:55 and we had enough rain for one day! Still it was fun and good to fish again. Thanks for everyone's hard work to make this happen on a miserable rainey day! Tight lines. Here are some pictures of the winning fish. Wish we had caught them! Congrats guys on the win!