Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salsa Boyz Party at the Berry ... Details
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][#002850]Well, the Salsa Boyz party at Strawberry is just around the corner … Saturday, October 3rd. So I’d like to post some details about it here.

The object of the party is pretty simple … friends, food, and fishing.

Here is the basic plan: Launch at Renegade ramp sometime in the morning and fish all morning. Then, at around 11:30, meet together for lunch out on the lake somewhere in the bay west of the Renegade ramp. We just tie the boats up the boats together, see who has been catching what, pass the food, and shoot the bull.

I plan to leave home around 3:00 AM and be fishing in the dark around 6:00. I always like to get in on the early bite.

The event is neither a tournament nor a competition. Everyone and anyone is invited. There is no charge (other than your own licenses and parking).

If I remember right, there is a wind that comes up every day out there at about 11:00. I think that the place marked on the map below should be out of the wind. For those of you in float tubes or kick boats, you may want to hitch a ride with someone in a boat to join us for lunch.

[inline "The-Medows 444.gif"]

What’s for lunch? What ever you bring to share. Past years, we have had things like salsa and chips (a staple at this event), chili, veggies and dip, salami, little smokies, hot bread and jam, clam chowder, smoked fish, deserts, 3-layer dip, pickled peppers, cheese, and on and on … Just bring some to share.

If you have some of those boat fender bumpers, bring them along. They come in handy when tying the boats together.

If you are bringing a hot dish to share, like chilly or chowder, be sure to bring some bowls and spoons.

Directions to the Renegade ramp: From Heber, take US-40 south-east for about 22 miles to the turnoff to the reservoir (Strawberry Rd.). As you travel down Strawberry Rd., you will come to a fork in the road. Don’t go left (to the main Strawberry marina). At the fork, go right. You will continue to wind and snake your way around the west then south side of the lake until you come to the end of the pavement. The end of the pavement is the Renegade marina. The total distance from leaving highway 40 to the Renegade marina is about 14 miles. The Renegade marina has a good cement ramp and a large parking lot.

[inline "22 mi 14 mi.gif"]

T-shirts commemorating the party are available. If you would like one, contact myself or Wiperhunter2 to reserve one. But hurry because we have to have our order in by Sep. 28th. Here is what the print will look like:

[inline t-shirt-444.gif]

If any of you would like a copy of some notes I put together about fall fishing the Berry, let me know in a PM and I will send you a copy.

Question: Does anyone know what, if anything, it costs to park at the Renegade ramp?

I am pretty curious about how many will be showing up. So who all will be coming and what do you plan to bring to share for eats?

I tried to cover everything here but if I may have missed something, feel free to post up any questions you might have.
[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
Parking is $7.00.
[signature]

[font "Calibri"]I want to personally thank Old_coot (Ralph) for putting on this event SALSA BOYZ, in the past it has been a lot of fun. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]I would also like to thank those out there that has keep me in line – Old_Coot, Wiperhunter2, Lunkerhunter2, Kent and many others - you guys Rock and I must say that I am sorry to all, if I caused any hate and discontent with this outing or any other thing in the past with BFT, some times opinions get in the way of true friend ship. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]See you on the water.[/font]
[signature]
ounds like fun, too bad that I can't be there.
[signature]
I will be there not sure what i will bring yet .[Wink]
[signature]
afdan and i will be there
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#502800]I'll be there with my boat and BFT'er Casonso. I don't know yet what food I'll bring, but I'll think of something....[/#502800][/font]
[signature]
Just a word of [#ff4040]CAUTION[/#ff4040] to everyone. That day is the opener of the duck/goose hunt, so be careful and stay out of range and out of hunter's decoys!
[signature]
I was just informed that the docks at the Renegade ramp have been pulled up onto the land. I have launched there without docks several times in the past and plan to still launch there Saturday. So if having a dock is important to you, consider launching at the main Strawberry Marina.

Also, just a reminder, tomorrow is the last day to order T-shirts.
[signature]
I lost a prop there last time with no docks!!!!![frown][frown]
[signature]
Thanks for the warning about the docks being pulled. I'll definitely have to use the Strawberry Bay ramp. Are people with radios going to be on channel 16? BTW I'll be there tomorrow (Monday) at daylight in my Trophy boat. If anyone sees us, say hello!
[signature]
Yes MisterCompletely, I, and a few others, will be monitoring channel 16 on GMRS/FRS radios.
[signature]
Hey old Coot, I was just there on saturday and I did see one dock still in the water and several boats launched by it.
[signature]
i will be n marine band chanel 16
[signature]
FYI ...

[center]Fishing Regulations at Strawberry Reservoir

Fishing regulations at Strawberry currently require anglers to release all cutthroat trout from 15 to 22 inches long. While anglers are still allowed a 4 fish total possession limit, only 3 can be cutthroat trout. Anglers can have 2 cutthroat trout under 15 inches and 1 over 22 inches in their possession. No additional fishing restrictions are imposed with these regulations.
[signature]
As of yesterday the forecast called for heavy winds for tue thru sat hopefully that will change hope to see ya there weather permitting !!
[signature]
I was also looking at the weather, and it looks like it willl be cold and windy, O-Well whats the berry like with out wind? Any day fishing is better than a day at work. [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
i would like 2 salsa boys t shirts 1 ex large and one med
so far
we will see you all there saturday hope the weather gods will be on our side for the day
[signature]
I don't know if I can get any more t-shirts. The deadline for orders was the 28th. I will see what I can do.
[signature]
[:/]i hate to say im still awaiting my side shift controll from e bay , if i dont get it buy thurs. i might not make it. just a reminder of the duck hunters , they are stationary ,were not. [Wink]
[signature]