Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 03/7/03 BIG BOAT OWNERS BEWARE!!!
Met up with AFDan this moring at the south marina. Hit the water about 630. Fishing for us was slow. Only 1 wiper east of the island on a silver/blue producer. We tried everything we thought would work at various speeds from 1.8 to 3.5mph and it seems they just werent hungry this am. Water temp was 69 when we got there and 73 when we left. Weather was great and when we left at noon and there where only about 10 trucks in the big parking lot.

We did see a couple groups of about 20 terns smacking the water pretty hard on the west side. We went over but still no takers. Still didnt see much for boils. [#ff0000]The water level is about 2.5-3.5 feet in the marina.[/#ff0000] They have most of the boat docks closed off and it can be a pain getting to whats open to pick people up. I figure about another month and we wont have to worry about seeing boils as the ramps will be out of the water at this rate!!!
[signature]
Man Teroy,Not the day for you,and the water is that shallow,crap last year it was 3.6 all the way thru fall,We need to get ahold of someone we can B!#!ch at to get some water flow'in in there,That canal is full there is no reason not to let a little into the lake.this really P!#!sses me off.

OH,did you see BLM on the lake?

Tight Lines.

Tony[cool]
[signature]
I didnt see him this am. I think he was planning on an evening trip. [Smile]
[signature]
thtas unless your in a tube like me and ill have my eyese wide open for the boils. i bet you this year is just screaming for wipers come boil season.
[signature]
Water kepps dropping like it is and I may buy me a pontoon or tube lol[Tongue]
[signature]
lets go. though its not fun to kick from the north to south dike haha
[signature]
Wednesday evening all of the ramps where open they must of closed them some time during the night or early morning.
Even though the marina is only 2.5'-3.5' the worst part is right before the canel, it is 1' shallower and it seems it is droping 6" a week.
[signature]
I hate to hear those low water reports, by the time I get back next week there won't be enough water to launch. I sure hope they have plans to dredge the marina and the mouth of the channel a little deeper, but I won't bet on it.
It's too bad you guys didn't do any better today,I hope it improves, maybe the evening will be be better for BLM. WH2
[signature]
MGB, sorry for the confusion. All of the boat ramps are open. 3/4 of the docks are closed now.

WH2. There you are. I was wondering where you where? The water level is lower now than I think it got all of last year. You better hurry or they might rename it to Willard Bay Pond!!
[signature]
Well, it sounds like the fast fishing, at Willard this week, went as fast as it came! I went out with a friend last night and all we managed to put in the boat from about 6:00 till 9:45 was a catfish and 2 small wipers. I hooked a couple that felt a bit larger, but lost them a long ways from the boat. All the fish must have gone on vacation!

These guys aren't blowing smoke, either. The channel of the south marina is truly as shallow as they say it is. I didn't pay any mind to the docks, however, because we didn't need to even use them. As for the water level...I'm with XMAN on the float tube thing. But if you wanted to kick from the north dike to the south, just go on a day when the wind is blowing. You wouldn't even have to worry about kicking back, because come nightfall you could just wait for the mosquitos to carry you back! LOL

Justin
[signature]
My mistake Teroy.
[signature]