Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any recent scofield reports ?
going to scofield fri & sat need advice best place where to shore fish with my kids
[signature]
hi ocean not saying it would be the same but last year 6/29/02 i was up there fishing by the old dam and the cutts were chasing red shinners right next to the bank tried in-line spinners and small rapalas but didnt catch anything until i put on a slugo plastic jerk bait then could'nt keep them off old info help it helps
[signature]
thanks for the report it is well appreciated
[signature]
Sorry I missed you Ocean. My girlfriends brother was working the show up there Fri, and Sat. He was in the metal art booth. We decided late Friday to run over to the lake. We arrived around 7:00. We fished the Public access shore behind the island from about 8:30 until about 10:30. Between four of us, we only managed 2 fish. they were both on my pole. I was using corn flavored Power Bait floating 2.5' above a 1/4oz sliding sinker. I was able to cast further than the others due to my 7' pole loaded with 6lb. line. Every time I was able to get a full cast, I got bit. I told them on the way to the lake that I was about convinced that the fish there have "learned" casting distance and sit just outside of it. Both of the fish were decent rainbows. I didn't weigh or measure, but I'd guess them at 18" and 16". The bigger fish probably went 2lbs and put up a great fight.
[signature]