Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
late cattin report from the b.r.b.r.
a buddy of mine traveled up from salt lake and we hit the river in his 17ft alumacraft saturday night....

the fishing was awesome and i found some AWESOME cattin spots..

we boated tons of cats and some tanks as well - biggest cat came in at a hair under 11lbs with alot at 4 to 6lbs...

all fish were caught on fish meat of different types and the water temp was around 75 at launch... the average depth is six to eight feet with a few spots droppin to 4 or so...

here are some pics!!
[signature]
Well done. Sounds like a place that I could get some good use out of my Porta-Bote.
[signature]
Nice looking cats Joe, thanks for sharing your report and pictures. Have you ever launched in Corine and fished down river? I'm guessing you are just launching from the bank down toward the bird refuge. WH2
[signature]
yea we just launched from the bank in the refuge... but our next outing will be from corrine down... i have seen some awesome holes on google maps from that area beetween the the refuge and corrine.. but i have yet to try em out!!
[signature]
When I had a smaller boat I would launch it down by the bird refuge but I have launched from both locations and there are a few nice holes below corrine. The deepest holes are down where the river splits and to the West. Before you get to the split, be careful with the shallow water that is below the bridge and above the farm. Once you get to the farm house with all the trees you should be OK as long as you watch your depth. On your first trip down that way I would not try it at night, there are a few tricky spots. Good luck.
[signature]
thanks for the info!!! we actually go super slow and watch the depth for about a mile or two... mostly to watch the depth and look for productive looking structure...we actually caught a majority of the cats in one spot?? with others coming up blank... i am headed back out from the bank sat night and from the boat sunday night... cant wait!!! i want a 20lb cat!!!
[signature]