Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 9/21
Put on the water at 17:00. And nothing. The wind was blowing just enough to stir up the water a little. It died down later. But I wasn't able to find anything. Trolled by the feed lot for a while and then moved to the South dike. We watched birds hitting the water, but never saw a boil erupt. Are the boils over? Anyway, a slow night for me. But the lake was not crowded. I always look for at least 1 thing positve [Wink]
[signature]
No, the boils are not over, they never really started, not like in the past. A few folks are seeing some small boils from time to time but there are too many small shad in the water right now. I'll tell you want a lot of folks are saying, "all the wipers have to do right now is swim with their mouth open and they will stay full", that is because there are that many small shad in the water. It might not happen this year but if the fish are able to thin the shad out we might see some boils before ice on. The last few times I was out there there were huge clouds of shad in the water, so we might not see any huge boils at all this year[:/]. WH2
[signature]