Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay 03/07/2003
Fished Willard this morning from 8am till noon. Caught and released a 10" smallmouth. That was it. Fished mostly the west dike and then trolled all the way into the north marina. Fished with rapallas, should have used power bait I guess. Slow this morning. Maybe the evening is better.
[signature]
Hey what, what kind of boat do you have??? I was out there all morning and didnt see any BFT sitckers? I was in a green trihull
[signature]
I have a 18' Lund. Two Hondas on the back end. I need to get stickers...I keep looking for the stickers but haven't seen any out there yet...
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I got your PM and you'll have stickers soon.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We went out yesterday and caught two small wipers. The south marina is SHALLOW! We went out and came in on the trolling motor. Fished from 3:00pm to dark.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Was that your lund, kinda of off white in color and you where pulling two yellow things (planers I think) behind ya?
[signature]
Is the north marina to shallow to launch from? It sounds like the catching was slow yesterday, how was the boat traffic on the lake, any water skiers? WH2
[signature]
Yes that was me...I went to Jordanelle today and caught two small small mouths and let them go. Did see one guy catch a real nice largemouth. He was fishing a jig & pig combo in the back where the Provo comes in. Acutally he was fishing the south end of the channel near the no wake buoys...
[signature]
[#ff0000]Any one know which is deeper, north or south marina? Just wondering which is best in these low water conditions. I'm going to hit it on the 14th and 22nd if there is any water left in it. Might have to do some pineview musky action instead. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
Yeah I passed you a couple of times going the oppisite direction. I was in the Green Trihull.

As a general rule the south marina is deeper than the north. The north has a lot of sand bars and shallow spots.
[signature]
Thinking about going to Willard this week. Is it safe to launch out of the South, or is the North better?
[signature]
I was also out on Willard Monday evening. I was again in my float tube around the north marina. I was only able to land 2 smaller wipers. It was a relaxing evening until the bugs showed up. I have never seen so many bugs in my life.

Jacob
[signature]