Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tube and toon pimping
Ok I have been having a PVC killing party in my garage the last few weeks. This is what I came up with for a toon, FC4, and 2 16" tubes. I still have a 20" tube that my nephew uses on occasion when he joins us.

[Smile]First my toon. I put a rack on the back of it earlier this year that holds 6 rods and added a motor mount to it. Then using Saddle clamps I made a net holder, a tool rack that is removable, and an active rod holder. Next I am looking to upgrade my fishfinder to a Humminbird 565. I will attach that with a Saddleclamp to the other side using the arm rest.

Next I took mamatrouts FC4. She told me she wanted some things done to it. So I made a rodholder that can hold up to 4 rods. Can also hold net if necessary. On the other side I took a section that I oopsed on my toon and it fit perfectly to make a tool rack with an active rod holder. I used pins to hold these in place using the D rings. Attached a pair of pliers to the tool rack with a stretchy key ring. She asked for a seat to giver her back and neck a little support so I added a plastic yard chair to it. She wants some neck support so I am looking at adding a swim noodle and 1/2" PVC to the chair. Chair is attached with bungee chord to back of seat.

[:p]I was on a roll so I took the two minnows 16" tubes and made rod racks/tool holders for theirs attaching them to the D rings with the pins as well. Also attached a pair of needle nose pliers to the rack with stretchy key rings I found at Honks Dollar. The racks can also hold two rods, a pair of pliers,l and an active rod as well.

I had made a set of wheels for the toon to move around on and when I tried it out, it couldn't hold the weight. I ended up watching my son for the rest of the trip running around the campsite with it. Gave me a great idea. I took it and made a tube dolly out of it. Comes apart in three pieces for storage and traveling. Now the minnows and mamatrout can take and move their stuff easily.

Pics are attached.[cool]

Next in line is a 20"; tube that I own. Problem is not enough D rings so I need to get creative. I only have one D ring per side on the outside and one per side on the inside. It is a Caddis High Sierra. Also mamatrout wants a motor so I was able to obtain a power float motor mount from FG and have been working on getting that fixed up. Needs a new zipper and it will be ready to go. She also wants a bimini and have found the one she wants online, so will be adding that soon too. Also in need to make a kind of trailer toon hauler that will fit under both toons that can hold the weight of motor, battery, and loaded toon.
[signature]
Wow, looks like you have been busy killing PVC pipes
for sure.[Smile]
It all looks great. I really like that rack on your toon.
Looking at your toon makes me want to get one........
Anyways, great job!

Peter
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Son of Tubenstein[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice work. A lot of creativity. As you have discovered, every craft is built differently and requires some head-scratching to get them set up the way you want. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You have done well. And, if you are like most of us, you are never "finished". There always seems to be something you can't get quite right and keep messin' wit' it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I see in your pictures and some others, that you have a plastic lawn chair as the seat. Does it help and is it hard to make for the tube? I have been tubing for a few years and I am going to make some modes this winter, like adding a rod holder (lots of ideas I see here) and I like the idea of the seat.
My tube did not come with a seat cushion. I made one using three pieces of etho-foam. It is about 6' and I sit high, but the only problem is the little back that is on the tube does not work for me.
[signature]
Take a lawn chair and cut the legs off then sand smooth. There are other ideas as well that TD has and can share with you as well.
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][cool][#0000ff]Son of Tubenstein[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[/quote]

[cool]HA HA HA HA HA HA-aaaarrrrrr[:p] [url "http://www.mad-monsters.com/Wallpapers/imagepages/image15.html"][Image: frankenstein3.jpg][/url]
[signature]