Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alturas Lake--info needed!
The one lake in the Stanley area I have never fished is Alturas, and I intend to change that! Is there a good ramp at the lake, and is there a dock? Also, I have heard of the good fishing at the inlet, but how is the trolling? Any help would be appreciated. Mike
[signature]
Been a few years since I was there, but always did well trolling rooster tails along the shoreline. Watch out for the bull trout, there seems to be lots in there. It is really hard to explain to your kids that they have to let a 20"+ fish go when they catch it!
[signature]
i have never fished it this late in the year but i normaly fish it every summer we go up there, but just from the inlet. we use salmon eggs and a light splitshot weight. I am usualy after bulltrout c&r. but we always pick up rainbows there as for trolling the only lake up there i normaly see them on is stanley lake. but there must be a good ramp and dock because ppl do boat it. i would imagine this time of year would do will at the inlet sense the kokes are spawning, and less pressure from fisherman than normal.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, guys. Never could find out about a ramp. Guess I will call some place in Stanley. Mike
[signature]
There is a boat ramp but i have never used it but ppl have large boats out there so i imagine its a good ramp and dock. but let me warn you that water is cold. alot colder than redfish's try calling Scenic Campgrounds 435-245-6521 its a company out of utah but they run most of the campground at Alturas, Stanley and Redfish lakes and could probly help you.
[signature]
Thank you so much, jigs. Much appreciated. Mike
[signature]