Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICE FISHING JIGS
TRYING SOMETHING NEW AND NEVER SOLDERED ICE BLANKS BEFORE. Have a lot of time off this winter and started trying it with nickel plated blanks. I was using gold plated hooks with Solder from the hardware store.
(40%tin 60% lead) The gold plated hook kept coming to the top (less Dense?) and not working the greatest. I see Jann's has ice fishing solder but only in 10' length. Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Do I need different hooks or different solder? Please advise if you have tried this before. Good Luck on the Water
[signature]
Again... Not sure if my post went through but I've noticed this forum is not very active. Does anyone know where I can get my questions answered or is everyone out fishing? You would think some fisherman would be making their stuff in the winter? Tubedude, you seem like you know what's going on most of the time. Could you let me know if you have any advice?
[signature]
i would try to help answer you question but im not really sure what you are trying to do. what are ice blanks?????
[signature]