Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bone Fish Questions
I am planning on a fishing trip to Belize targeting mainly bone fish and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on fishing for these fish or have fished in that area before, any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hi there gonefishin - aren't you the lucky one. Most people recommend hiring a guide to get you where there's bones to catch. If you are bringing your own gear, a 7-8 wt rod is suggested or a 9 if conditions are expected to be quite windy. Fluorocarbon leaders of 10-12 wt and flies #s 4-6. Then again a good guide might provide all that is necessary. Since wet wading is the order of the day a good pair of wading sandals or booties should work well on those pebble bottoms were the water is only 2 to 3 feet deep. Good luck.

[/size][/#008000][/font]

[signature]
How big is your suitcase and does it have air holes[laugh][Wink]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3] [Wink]Me too!
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
call me a glommer.. but ME THREE... !!!! [Smile]
[signature]
Me four [Smile]
[signature]
Well, that would be a chummy way to get to know other BFT'ers.
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: yell.gif]Please! chumming is a word not familiar to a fly fisherperson's vocabulary. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
LOL.... only you would pick up that one mi amigo.. [laugh]
[signature]
[quote Dryrod]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][.img][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/images/gforum/yell.gif[/img]Please!"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...ell.gif[/img]Please![/url] chumming is a word not familiar to a fly fisherperson's vocabulary. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]

[/quote]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh YES it is.[Smile] They do a lot
of chumming when they FF for maico sharks off Sun Diego coast. Also off Ventura coast for Calico, Bonito,Yellowtail...........all on da fly my friend.[Wink]

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Perhaps in the salt which I don't do, but never, ever in the fresh. So Peter what wt rod have you been using for Makos?[/size][/#008000][/font][Image: dumb.gif]
[signature]
I have not done any Makos just yet. I just know that
this one guy (Conway is his name I think) takes
people out (for a small fee [Smile]) for shark fly fishing.
It must be a huge rush to do that.

Peter

[Image: 3747107169_b5fe4e6a39.jpg]
[signature]
who is this Conway guy.. where does he fish out of?? please PM me an address if you can.. I may look at it to take my son in law out in November.. :-)..

MacFly
[signature]
Oh man, I did see him at that ff show early this year.He
is a guide or something. Kinda egotism kinda guy. I did
not care for him very much but his the only one that does it I guess.
I did try to shake his hand to show my respect but he was
just like , yeah whatever. So Im over him. Business must be good (those days anyways) if he can do that.
Anyways thats all I know.
hope this helps a little.

Peter
[signature]
thanks for the info.. Ill do some checking on line and see what I can find.. but if he is as egotistic as you say I may just take my business elsewhere... :-)..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I think he has a TV show as well. Cheap fishing or fish
for a buck or something like that. I never watched it.
I dont get those channels [frown]
Now, his wife runs a SoCal surf fishing forum and
she is a super nice person. A surfer, flyfisher and also
both a the same time[Smile]. She would stand on a paddle
bord and fly fish in a ocean.Yeah.
Anyways, look him up and maybe he will be nicer to you[cool]

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hey Peter are you referring to the one that was held in PaSadena this past March? If so we need to hook up at next year's show.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Yes, thats the one.[Smile] And yes it would be nice to
hook up[Wink]

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Cool - I have been going to that show even when it was held in Ontario.
Here is next year's dates:
PaSadena Convention Center
March 13, 14 2010
Show Hours: Sat 9 - 5:30; Sun 9 - 4:30[/size][/#008000][/font]

[signature]
Nice. Im so there[Wink]
[signature]