Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba thursday short and sweet.
Bed at midnight up at 4:00. Yuba at 6:30 w/brian Van Patten. Water 63 degrees at launch ramp.
34" baby pike 8? lbs.
Lost an absolute monster after 33 minutes of slug out. Saw fish 3 times. Estimated weight 25 to 30 lbs. 44 to 48 inches.

cut another decent fish off on propeller.

Missed 2 more strikes!

finally 41 1/2", 18 lb 12 oz female in net. Released.

Up again tomorrow w/Nor Tah and Pez Gallo. Still looking for 25lb plus fish in the net.

Don't know how to get pics off cell phone. Digital camera battery dead. Won't be tomorrow!
Found an 8 yr old kid to work the phone magic. Pic's below ( I hope)

Very tired. Manana! adios!
[signature]
I can tell you were tired, you diddnt write a small novel of a report....lol Pretty work Steve I got next week off if your up for given some fish sore lips........we still need to get out while the weather is willing to let us. CALL ME UP maybe call wrongway too we could polish our livers with some WHISKEY hahahaha.
[signature]
Nice! [cool]
[signature]
Hey Steve, where is wrongway hiding? I didn't see him up at muzzleloader deer camp. Neither of the Johnsons were there. I might take my boat down to Yuba on Monday for a cast and blast. Chukar down by painted rocks andPike/Walleye between there and the ramp. What has the best color been? I might even go down Sunday, but I'm leaning more towards a Pine Nut and Chukar hunt for that day.
Take care, maybe I'll drive by the house and chat with you.
[signature]
Steve, its good ta see those toothy buggers are still giving ya a throbbing rod.
[signature]
We spent today (Friday)from 6:50 until after 1 trying every trick we knew with no bites. The pike have fallen back to their old habits of being tight mouthed and unpredictable. Quite a few boats fishing thanks to one of the local TV channels touting the good fishing. I don't know how the other boats did, but we were a dismall failure. We'll give them a couple of days then try them again.

For all of you that are going to try them this week-end...Good luck and let us know how you do.

We were throwing crankbaits and spinnerbaits. Color didn't matter, everything was refused with inpunity. My shoulder aches from casting and I threw the fewest lures of the 3 of us. Cold and breezy in the morning. water temp is optimal at 65 degrees.
Steve
[signature]
Its never fun to spend the day casting 500 times but not catching, or atleast getting a raise and chase.. Best of luck to ya Steve in a couple days..
[signature]