Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice on dingle pond
Just got back from dingle pond. Ice is 3 to 4 inches. Going to try it later tonight or in the morning. Some thin spots around the edges and by the island, so if you venture out there be cautious.
[signature]
Forgive me for not knowing, but, where is Dingle Pond?

[signature]
Where is dingle pond? I've never heard of it.
[signature]
For some reason "Ice on Dingle Pond" sounds wrong. [bobhappy] Good luck w/ your fishing. Be safe!
[signature]
dingle by bear lake?
[signature]
Dingle pond is about 6 miles south of Montpelier. Its a little secluded and hard to find. which is nice sometimes [Smile]. The fishing is usually slow but the quality of fish is usually worth the wait. If you are interested in fishing it let me know and I will try to post some directions to it.
[signature]
what kind of fish are we talking? I crane hunted and duck hunted over there a bit this fall. its inbetween paris and dingle? i think i know but still fairly unfamilar with were your talking.
[signature]
We used to catch only rainbows but this morning we picked up a couple of small perch. No trout today. Ice was a still a little on the thin side to set up the tent so the weather chased us off today. probably go back thursday morning.
[signature]
If you take off from the Maverick in Montpelier, go 6.5 south on highway 30. When you get to the turn take a left by the yellow house and go about a mile. Just over the train tracks you will see a sign that says dingle pond. If anyone goes down there make sure to close the gate Most of the area down there is private and we dont need mad land owners closing it off on us.
[signature]
dimtrap,

I am glad ice is forming in the Bear Lake Area! I am originally from the valley, and was wondering if ice had formed on Montpelier. I will be in the valley for Thanksgiving and was hoping to do a little ice fishing on Montpelier Res. it seems 1/5 years it is safe by Thanksgiving. At least Dingle Pond will be available as a good plan B.

OvidCreek
[signature]
i checked the reservoir yesterday and it was only half capped. Might be capped by thanksgiving but I doubt it will be real solid for about two weeks. I will keep you posted if I can slip up there a couple times this week.
[signature]
i have always wanted to fish montpeler res. i have noticed they plant alot of kokonie in there. do they get good sized?
[signature]
They average just over a pound but we have caught a few in the 3 to 4 pound range. Lots of them when you find them though.
[signature]