Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaky Heads
Any opinions, observations, first hand experience, technical applications to what they call Shaky Heads fishun????
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have the jig mold and little spring inserts to make those shake-it heads. I do not use them much myself, but my son in law, in Tennessee, has me make a couple of hundred a year for him. He fishes all the bass waters back there and claims that those heads are a great finesse presentation.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here is a link with some good info:[/#0000ff]
[url "http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu7t8D8BKL4IA0w1XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMGMwbXVoBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1IyMDRfMTE4/SIG=13pmui46f/EXP=1254187260/**http%3a//reviews.ebay.com/The-Shakey-Jig-How-to-Fish-with-Bass-Fishing-Lures_W0QQugidZ10000000004405407"][size 4][#551a8b]eBay Guides - The Shakey Jig - How to Fish with Bass Fishing ...[/#551a8b][/size][/url]
[signature]
I understand how they're supposed to work and like the theory, buying a couple jig heads and making some more of my own. But to date I haven't caught a fish on one.

That isn't the technique's problem, though. It's just that this entire year I've fished a weedy lake with the best results coming on surface plugs directly over the beds and cranks beside. Occasionally they'll hit a Texas-rig craw. But the shakey head, as I understand it, works best with a plastic worm so that the body has a little more wiggle to entice a bite. With shakey worms, I soon have a clump of weeds on each retrieve. But since you mentioned it, I'll try, try again in shoreline timber where weeds aren't a problem.
[signature]
I've fished the shaky head some, and have caught fish on it. I think it works best in rock structure or other relatively weed-free areas. I think the primary difference between shaky heading and texas-rigging is that the shaky head allows the worm to stand more vertical.

I'm not completely sold on it. I've caught fish on it, but I don't doubt I could have caught the same fish on a t-rig. I shake my t-rigs anyway. Honestly sometimes I tie it on so I only have to deal with one piece of hardware instead of a bullet weight and worm hook.

I'm more interested in the wacky rig with nail weight in the head to get the same stand-up effect. I see that as having more potential.
[signature]