Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stinkin Sage Grouse!!!
I have seen 30 plus sage hens in my spot everytime I have been to my spot and sometimes up to 50 in there. I even saw a bunch the night before the opener. Somehow on the opener every bird in the dang area decided to "Fly South" or something. [crazy]
I hunted for 8 long hours and put many miles on and finally found a lone hen running around. I dumped her and called it a day. What a wierd fetchin hunt! Where the heck did they go??? [mad]

Anybody else dump some birds?
[signature]
buddy has been doing great on the south slope. his son and him have been out 2 times and shot limmits both trips road hunting the pines. we didnt see any yesterday while scouting elk for this weekend though. just 2 spikes a 4 point rag horn and some flat tops.
[signature]
I haven't hunted them in years but always run into them on the muzzle hunt. Since I did archery this year just figured I was too early. Speaking with my brother yesterday sounds like he didn't run into very many on the muzzle loader hunt last week either. So they didn't move into our area.[crazy]
[signature]
Do you mean Blue or Ruffed grouse? In Utah, the season limit is 2.
[signature]
mostly blues. they were close to the springs. i dont hunt them dont like the taist.
[signature]
I'm talking about the"Sage Grouse" "Limited Drawing" Hunt.
It's funny how many people have no idea that Sage Grouse are different than any other bird out there in Utah. On my way in I talked to a few guys that said they saw 12 big blues in the sage brush. They were sage grouse [crazy]. I also found a pile of sage grouse wings the night before the opener in a camp spot where we were staying. People don't understand the difference and that's probably why I'm not seeing my birds anymore. Pretty Sad [frown].
[signature]
Found the hiding spot [cool]. Also got a bonus blue on the way home.
[signature]
Lucky! I love grouse hunting and haven't had any time to get out yet! [frown]
[signature]
Me, my wife, my son, and my dad have tags. Everytime we have been out hunting deer for the muzz hunt we have seen them. I will finally give it a go tomorrow. This has been an amazing year for sage hens (grouse)
[signature]