Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toonin on Newton
Well MaDfisher55 and I started out early this morning heading to Newton (crack of dawn). Launched just before the sun was above the hills and started to mark fishies on the fishin buddies. I pulled out a 3" curly tail grub and started casting to the shore line while Mark was casting one of his new spinner baits or cranks. I started getting the familiar tick tick of a fish a nibblin. After a couple or nibbles and wondering what was chasin I set the hook on what I thought to be a nice largemouth. Brought it too the surface and was I off. A nice Tiger Musky had hit the bait. This was the first fish of the day and not the last. It was the first and only tiger that was caught though. I boated several nice perch and a small largemouth. Mark did the same. About noon we decided to call it a day and head out. Most of the fish we saw were hanging on the bottom in 14' of water now. All in all a great day on the water and would love to do it again. Sorry no pics we both had major malfunctions of the camera kind. Just as I was about to snap a pic it shut off due to dead batteries. Need to purchase some new rechargeables.
[signature]
which side did you fish the north or south side??
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you guys made it up there and that you found some willing fishies. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As you probably read, TubeBabe and I headed south and rassled some purty rainbows from Deer Creek.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
We ended up fishing the whole lake. Started out from the boat launch/ramp and worked our way around the lake. I hit them just aroud the bend heading up the lake on the north shore.
[signature]
Glad you got out as well. Mark wants to go up there again next month and try it out once more.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]Glad you got out as well. Mark wants to go up there again next month and try it out once more.[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]You better get the "mad man" a tiger or he will self destruct. You have created a monster.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Could be worse. Coulda been golf.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude
[#0000ff]Could be worse. Coulda been golf.[/#0000ff][/quote]

True dat! [:p]
[signature]
[crazy] TD, well spoken! In fact when we got back from Newton I cooked and ate a steak and then headed to the West Bountiful Pond till sunset. Caught a couple more perch and watched a beautiul sunset. Great day it was.

What is Golf? [Wink]

Looking forward to my first Large Mouth, Walleye and Tiger Muskie.

MaDMan the Monster!
[signature]
"What is Golf?"

[cool][#0000ff]While I have been fortunate enough to elude the terrible and infectious fate of golfitis, I have observed the pitfalls and downfalls of that affliction enough to have a few observations.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]1. It is a series of little holes in the grass, into which you dump large sums of money.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]2. It is an excuse for white middleclass men to wear clothes that would normally be seen only on those of third world birth or upon people with far out religious practices.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]3. Also known as "Oh %#$&!"...due to the frequency with which practitioners of this "sport" are observed swinging at a little ball and then yelling "Oh %#$&!".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]4. Golf has never been considered an acceptable substitute or replacement for fishing. However, it does help those of us who fish by reducing the number of folks who might otherwise be competing with us upon the waters.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
for what its worth.. the only good thing I know about golf is that the small lakes and ponds on the course (referred to as a series of holes in the grass) usually carry some good fish in them.. :-)..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
The biggest problem with golf is I can't use that $35,000 boat in the driveway on the course. It don't make a very good golf cart, to big to pull, but carries a lot of clubs !! The motor tends to chew up the fairways and greens, replacing divits is a pain, and the depth finders don't work to show the ball track on the greens, so I am going to stay with fishing.
[sly] .. now that was funny

MacFly
[signature]
If we don't get one at Newton I will take him to Pineview.[Wink]
[signature]
Glad to hear you caught some more fish. I believe you are a warm water fisherman now. Now to get those bass and muskies for ya![Wink]
[signature]
[quote macfly55]for what its worth.. the only good thing I know about golf is that the small lakes and ponds on the course (referred to as a series of holes in the grass) usually carry some good fish in them.. :-)..

MacFly [cool][/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]You are right about the water hazards and lakes on golf courses often having some good fish in them. The only problem to being able to fish for them is getting permission. The snooty owners and managers of golf courses don't usually take kindly to lowlife fishermen cluttering up their facilities and molesting their finny residents.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, where you CAN gain access there can be the fish of a lifetime. I know of a few such golf ponds that have given up HAWG bass and GORILLA catfish to guys who fished them...legally or illegally. More than a few wacko anglers have been busted for making nighttime ninja forays on off-limits waters. Ditto for some fancy resorts with stocked waterways.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
so I have heard... main reason I even mentioned it is the very first fish I caught on a fly was on a golf course lake... residents had an agreement with the golf course to be able to fish but you could not fish on the course side unless it was a non golfing day... :-)

MacFly
[signature]
Back in the day, Johnny Miller would wander into the store every so often. He would carry a rod with him on the course while practicing and nail a fish or two. He prefered fishing plastic worms in the ponds as they were shallow and weedy.

Locally, not many of the ponds on the courses are available to fisherman, however, if you play, you might be able to fish also. I choose not to, already gave my reasons on another post.
[quote [#0000ff]Could be worse. Coulda been golf.[/#0000ff][/quote]

"Golf" is a four letter word![Wink]
[signature]
[quote MaDFisher55][quote [#0000ff]Could be worse. Coulda been golf.[/#0000ff][/quote]

"Golf" is a four letter word![Wink][/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]But...but...but[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]So is FISH[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][quote MaDFisher55][quote [#0000ff]Could be worse. Coulda been golf.[/#0000ff][/quote]

"Golf" is a four letter word![Wink][/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]But...but...but[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]So is FISH[/#0000ff][/quote]

So true, but its how you use the word that makes it "four letter word."

IE: "I play golf" compared to "I go fishing." See "Fishing" is not a "four letter word"

[laugh] Now lets go "Fishing"
[signature]