Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muzzleloader deer @ Bear Lake
Thought I'd hit the mountain again this morning (Tuesday) after all the "weekend warriors on their 4-wheelers" finally left. (Good riddance!) I watched the weather report this morning and figured the deer might be out and moving around prior to the big storm heading our way. The since the opener last week the weather has been so nice that the deer are just bedding down in the 70+ degree temps and not moving around. Anyway, my hunch was correct. I saw more bucks this morning than I have during the last week of hunting. I was able to put a sneak on this standard 22.5" 4-pointer and make a successful 60 yard shot. The deer ran uphill for about 35 yards and collapsed. It was gutted out, skinned, hung up and I was back at work by 9:15am. For those guys hunting the rifle hunt, I think it is going to be pretty good if the weather cooperates. There seem to be a lot of bucks out there this year. I just wish I could have found the 28", 4-pointer I saw two days before the opener. That bad boy is still walking the hills. Now that my deer has been harvested, bring on the waterfowl!!!!!
[inline DSCF2773.JPG]
[inline DSCF2774.JPG]
[inline DSCF2775.JPG]
[signature]
Good job Scott!!![cool]
[signature]
Congrats on your buck, should be good table fare this year. I know the Bull I shot in Wy. last week with my bow was in good shape and the tenderloin was excellent last night. My CWMU buck hunt is a week away, hopefully I can find a nice fat forky.[Wink]
[signature]
Good job Scott! Not a bad buck at all.

Hey, let me know about the october surveys. I'm going elk hunting tomorrow and I'll be back on the 13th.
[signature]
Closest thing I to a four point I've found so far is a very small two by two. Half a four point. Nice buck and good shot.
[signature]
Nothing wrong with that buck! Good on ya!!! [cool]
[signature]
I think we need to see the post and story of this Wyoming Bull Pete [Wink]
[signature]
Not very large, snow storm screwed us up for a day and a half. Saw some good herd bulls but couldn't get closer than 70 to 80 yards. The wife missed a nice 6X6 the last day, we figured 320 plus. All and all we had a good time and she got to experiance hunting them in the rut. She passed on several bulls the first morning at a wallow a small 6X6 maybe the one I ended up taking a few days later and a really nice 5X5 that I saw the next morning and would have probably taken if I would have had the opportunity. The largest bulls we saw in the area we hunted would have went in the 340 class. We can still go back in Oct. to try for a bull on the rifle hunt, but I'm not sure if we will be able to or not.
[signature]
Nice! [Wink]
[signature]
This is # 13 with my bow since I started hunting them a few years back, the others were spikes and cows so I'm tickled I was able to take a branched bull even if he was small. He is a 4 year old (52 months)[:p]
[signature]
I'm still looking for my 1st... they'd all be trophys for me. [:p]
[signature]
Nice job fishguy and packfan - beautiful critters. I've been playing shape on this 4 point buck in the foothills. He's about to the tips of his ears wide, and maybe a little taller than he is wide; appears to be full velvet still. He would be my best buck yet (usually pretty happy with fat forky's myself [cool]). I'm really hoping this weather is going to help me finish the job in the home stretch here [angelic].
[signature]