Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming to Sacramento
I am going to be in Sacramento for 3 months starting Sunday. Will be busy on the weekdays but have weekends off. Just wondering where some good freshwater shore fishing was that is close. Like to catch anything. Any tips on what lakes to hit and what tackle to bring would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]OMG MacFisher there are dozens of river and several lakes around Sacramento. I'm located several hundred miles south otherwise I would be able to provide you with more pertinent information. Lots of ideal waters to fly fish. TubeN2 travels a lot and should be able to fill in the gaps. Hopefully he will be by soon. Good luck.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I am sure you will be in close proximity to the Delta. You can target bass from shore in many parts of the delta, especially the smaller side sloughs. Standard largemouth techniques work in the delta and sac river. Also the delta is home to some large stripers (not strippers, although they have those as well). 15 pound line, with 2 to 4 ounce weights and Shad or mudsuckers work, especially at night from many shore spots, although I don't know how close any hotspots will be to where you are at. Delta also has bluegill, catfish and others to target as well. Lots of lakes, but Sacramento isn't the area I know best in NorCal.
[signature]
The Sacramento and American Rivers both run smack dab through Sacramento. You also have Folsom Lake and Lake Natoma just a few miles east of the city. Lake Natoma is where the state record rainbow trout was caught!

Salmon are off limits until Nov.1st and even then only above Knights Landing is it legal.

Stripers are running thru Dec. in the rivers
and Steelhead should be in the American too following the salmon.

Try Discovery Park and anywhere along the American River Parkway
[signature]