Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recreational fishing gets screwed again
Well the rocket scientists that control the fishing regs on the east coast did it to us again with a 6 month ban on Black seabass in federal waters which is 3 miles offshore and they are considering a shutdown on weakfish and porgys (scup) but once again they don't touch the commercial fishing and they are seriously considering hitting us with a saltwater license next year when will these idiots incharge wake up and see that its not the recreational fishermen that are killing the fisheries but the commercial fishing with their drag nets dragging up everything in the ocean and they are killing the party boats with all the reg changes who in their right mind is going to pay $55 to go out on a party boat only to be told that sorry you can't take any fish home I understand the need for management of the fisherie but come on hit the people that are doing the damage
[signature]
I will jump in and sing harmony...
I totaly agree, if there need to be regs placed on recreational fishing to controll species populations then there also needs to be limits set on comercial fisheries as well...

I heard they closed the snook season in florida a month early this year to suport the comercial fishery... at least that was the way I heard it, there may be more to the story but that was what I heard around the camp fire during my last fishing trip...
[signature]
Can't agree more Archie, we just had a $10 salt license go into effect early summer to be raised to $30 as of Oct.1 In fact all our permits and licenses will double next year. Stop the draggers and see how fast the fishing comes back. My combo license may very well be over $100 next year for all I do. My nwco from $200 to $400. If Jersey dosn't get the money for the salt license then the feds are comeing in for it. VERY SAD DAY for all sportman.
[signature]
[font "Tahoma"][size 7][#ff4040]AMEN![/#ff4040][/size][/font]
[signature]
Hello and welcome to the NJ board Lowrider and thanks for the reply I was starting to think nobody in Jersey cares about how we are constantly getting the short end here be it fresh or saltwater they are trying their hardest to kill the recreational fishing in this state Sorry for the late reply but I have been busy working different shifts at work and don't know whether I'm comming or going lately hope to see you post more here and hope to see some good fishing reports from you don't be shy
[signature]