Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ducks anyone???
Hope those of you who went out had a great shoot. We hit the slough this morning and had a fun time. Brought home some ducks, and had my girl out for her first day in the swamp. Was a great morning to be hunting. Also got the dog on a bunch of retrieves, sure does make a big difference in finding birds that drop in the weeds.
[inline Smile.jpg]
[signature]
Looks like you had a productive day in the marsh.

I hunted both Sat and Sun at the refuge and brought home 7 big ducks each day. I could have shot all teals in about 10 min each day but wanted to wait for the big ones to show up.
[signature]
Did you take that picture of the Mallard pintail. What a buetifull duck. I shot one of those last year but it was not nearly as pretty as that duck. To early in the season.
Fishjon
[signature]
I couldn't tell if it was a cross between a mallard and a pintail or widgeon. . . I was thinking widgeon. I'd like to know where I could shoot a nice pintail, let alone one crossed with a mallard.
[signature]
Way to get the kids involved. thanks for sharing the experience. [Wink]

Oh, and didn't make it out.
[signature]
We'll have to get out there again this year...just not on icy days!

Is you cell number still the same?
[signature]
late season the marshes here in Utah fill up with huge buetifull pintails. I'm excited that they raised the limit to two instead of just one. usually in January I have to shoot at the one flock of a dozen that come in while I am waiting for the Mallards to show up. Look at the pictures in my profile and you should see some of those big old pinnies.
Fishjon
[signature]