Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pineview (report)
Fished pineview from 7:30pm-9:30pm. Started trolling by the two islands and over to browning point with no luck. Then we moved over two the narrows and trolled on the north side and all the way along the south side had two fish on that got away but I am not sure what they were. It was 9:25 and starting to get dark and we decided to try the north side one more time. As soon as we started trolling the north side my nephew hooked into a 40" muskie. It was a real good fight. Caught him on a firetiger trolling at 2.7mph. Another 10 minutes we where going to call it quits for the day because of darkness.
[signature]
Great report MGB! It sounds like musky fever has caught on to the BFT boards more than wiper fever. I am planing on being up at Pineview the 12-13 going for the big guys again. Anyone else going to be up there? Maybe we could meet and grab a burger or something.
[signature]
Good report MGB, sounds like a fun time and a good fish what was the water temp? WH2
[signature]
hi mike just curious was it in the area i pointed out to you

chris
[signature]
WH2, the surface temperature was 70 degrees. I went again tonight and the surface temperature was 72 degrees. Never caught any muskies just 1 small bass and lost 3 lures 1 of them was from a from a water skier. Pineview was a zoo tonight. By the way are you still on vacation, where did you go, when are you coming back?

Aquaman, I caught it in that same arm but further up towards the main body of water.

OEJ, if you wanted to plan a get together next weekend I could make it Saturday in the evening or anytime Sunday.
[signature]
MGB , was that you that cruised by me at the narrows . It was getting dark . I was the one on the big rock . Lost 2 muskies today and caught about 50 smallies . If I got them close to shore does that count . LOL hands free release .
[signature]
I think I screwed up and should of read the date first . I was there tonight 7/5/03 .
[signature]
I was there July 4th from 7:30pm-9:30pm and July 5th from 6:30pm-9:30pm. You probably did see me. Its funny I was wondering if you were there tonight since you always go. I've only seen pictures of you but I did not reconize you. Was that you fishing by yourself on the big rock just east of that big crowd?
[signature]
Yep that was me . I was a diehard today . Fished from 4:30 am to 10:00 pm . Took a couple of breaks and went and got a bite to eat . I was glad I got 3 hours of sleep the night before . Usually I don't even sleep . I seen a 40 " muskie caught by a boat about 11:00 where that crowd was and they told me the caught 1 more . I didn't hook up on much tonight . The morning was better , and less crowded too .
[signature]
Thats great you had two hook ups. You deserve a muskie more than anyone for all the effort you put into it(its a toss up between you and xman). I wish I would of reconized you so I could meet you. I tried to stay out of your fishing hole sorry if I got too close. The first time I went by I stayed a good distance from you but the second time it was getting dark and I did not see you untill I got close to you. I had to work untill noon today so I had to wait for the evening fishing. We will have to go up some time.
[signature]
Yeah , it was real slow tonight . I thought it might be you , It was getting dark so I wasn't sure . I remember seen a pic of you at willard on BFT . When I got back from eating I caught about 6 smallies and started casting for muskies and got a rats nest in my baitcaster before you trolled by , so I was bummed out . I seen some rolling out deep and I couldn't cast to them with my spinning rod . Most of the muskies were rolling out there along ways today . When I got ready to go I shined my flashlight down on the water and seen some eyes swim off . Made 3 more cast and called it a day . We will have to hook up some day and maybe I will hook and land one . I think I getting to tired to type . this post took a long time to edit and get it right .[crazy] l
[signature]
So you have been trying to reel in one of those water skier have you, you need to get a heavier rod and line to reel one of those guys in, they can put up one heck of a fight. About a month ago I had a jet ski on for a few seconds until she emptied the line from my reel, I got lucky though, when the lure went across the other line I had out it snagged the lure before the line broke, so all I lost was a spool of line.

I just got back from Southern Ca. tonight and while I was there I got a few photos of the Big Fish tackle store. Did not do any fishing but I'll post the pictures of the shore. WH2
[signature]