Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newton report
thanks for the tips you guys--fished newton last night in the porta-bote and wife kicked my butt 22-14. It was split evenly between croppie and blue gill, and a couple small bass and one yellow perch. we were using 1/32 oz glow jigs and little tough guys. mrs homer was getting a bite on every cast-or should i say drop. she got tired of casting and decided to jig and was pulling them up one after another. well n.o.s. i didn't get your post until this morning so i didn't try for any muskies. there were many people fishing from the shore that didn't seem to be doing as well so i guess the porta-bote did its job. next time we go we will try for some muskies, so whats a "texas rigged nightcrawler". here is a link for the catch of the night-i guess its a croppie but i'm no tom pettingill. thanks again for all the hints--the wife is just about hooked on fishing!

[url "http://www.imagestation.com/member/join_signin_prompt.html?album_id=4289756081&bnak=1&rf=album&ru=%2Falbum%2F%3Fid%3D4289756081"]http://www.imagestation.com/member/join_signin_prompt.html?album_id=4289756081&bnak=1&rf=album&ru=%2Falbum%2F%3Fid%3D4289756081[/url]
[signature]
Where is Newton anyway? What's in there besides what you mentioned,fishwise of course. And what are the surroundings like? Is it easily accessible from shore or do you need a boat and what is more productive.

THANKS AND GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
loan fish. I know for sure of muskies, lmb, catfish, bluegill, crappie, perch, and I believe that there are some rainbow trout in there but I am not entirely sure. Newton is located north west of logan in northern utah. It is accessible by boat and shore. Both can be productive but a boat helps alot for moving often to locate the fish. i would recomend a small boat like a canoe or a portabote or the such. there is a boat ramp there but when the water gets really low due to the farmers using it all then it makes it tough to launcha boat off of a trailer cuz the ramp is completely exposed. I hope this helps you out. drop me a line if you ever want to go adn I can try and round up the posse and help you out. k[url "mailto:Knflytyer@hotmail.com"]nflytyer@hotmail.com[/url]
[signature]
[#ff0000]It's usually better in the mornings and evenings but had a few hours to kill from 10-1 this afternoon so ran over there for a bit with my three year old. No surface action, tried a dozen lures, no luck, and went to worms on the bottom, then caught a few bluegills. There are rainbows in there but they are generally deep in the middle. Very rare to pick one up from shore unless you're casting long and deep. The water level is way down and more murky than usual today. If you go north from Logan to Smithfield there are two stop lights in Smithfield. Go to the second light, turn left (west) and stay on that road through Amalga to Newton. About half way through the small town of Newton there is a little sign with an arrow that says Newton Lake. It's a few blocks past the little convience store, turn right (north) and stay on the pavement. It's about 12-13 miles from the light in Smithfield to the dam. Enjoy![/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys. This is another body of water that i have never heard of and now that I know what type of fish are there I will be anxious to try it. Just like mantua.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]