Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard July 3rd Report
Fished Willard on July 3rd. Didn't mention it to anyone so as to keep the wind to a minimum...I fished the south end from my float tube from around 7PM until 8:15ish, and only caught 2 catfish. No boils, birds or signs of Wipers. I got out and drove to the North Marina and floated out a ways, and started seeing an occaisional boil. I imidiately started casting and kicking the direction of the boil, and from around 9:15 until 9:45 I was able to catch 7 wipers, and one smallmouth bass. The wipers weren't that big, with the biggest being only 15".
What I was using may not be of much help to most of you, but I was using my flyrod, and type 3 sinking line. I was throwing white crystal buggers, zonkers, and clouser minnows, and all did the trick. Would have stayed later, but didn't have a light, and don't really like floating around alone in the dark.

Thank goodness for no wind, and also there were very few boats on the water.
Jacob
[signature]

[signature]
[#002ed5]Thanks for the fishing report its nice to know there are still fish being landed and this gives me a good resein to buy more tackle becuse i dont have any of those lures grate info i dont know if im going after wippers or tigers tomarow well keep your lures wet ]gfish][/#002ed5]
[signature]
Hey thanks jacobl I know fb2 will be most interested in that. Guess we'll e taking another float trip to Willard.
[signature]