Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOndering On fishing Ririe
Well I am really wanting to get into some bass before it gets way to cold but I am wondering if dragging leaches by the rocks and what not will do the trick. I just really want to tyr out my new used pontoon. If you have any info for me please let me know. Thanks. Dustin also thought about dragging some wooly buggers and what not.
[signature]
I cant speak knowledgeable about the bass there [frown] But here in the snake river the small mouth love a black or olive woolly bugger. I have also had good luck with a purple or white marabou leach. good luck and have a blast [cool]
[signature]
Hey thanks that is what I will try. I dont do much bass fishing at all so this will be new for me. Plus it would be my first bass on my fly rod
[signature]
your very welcome. I havent done a lot of fishing for bass and i dont know why cause they are great fighters but i always seem to have a case of brown trout fever [crazy]
[signature]
Yeah I know what you mean about browns. They are more of a trophythen a bass to me but I havent caught any bass this year so I thought I would give it a try.
[signature]
well if you ever decide to go on a dedicated bass fishing trip massacre rocks, smith springs and Gifford springs are great sites as well as the stretch of snake river between Heyburn and milner dam. the trout fishing and carp aren't too bad in those areas too [Wink]
[signature]
I have been wanting to get some carp on my fly rod as well. I might have to take a trip and try out those sites. I am for sure going to have to get a carp at least next year if not this year. Thanks
[signature]
we have lots of carp when we go out bowfishing there are miles and miles of carp its not uncommon to see several thousand in pods sucking food from the top of the river. I cant imagine it would be too tuff to get them to take a fly. most average 10 to 15 pounds but have got a few in the 40 pound range.
[signature]