Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new elk hunter
i have decided to hunt elk for the first time is there any one that can help me out and sugest a good place to hunt around idaho falls and maybe join me for the hunt
[signature]
I can't join you but I've heard that up towards Swan Valley south of the highway from conant on up is popular for elk hunting. I know that in the hills to the north of Swan valley is really good once the snows come in heavy enough to push them down, but I believe all hunts are over by then. It could still be good if you plan to get back into the bush a way though.
[signature]
I'm also thinking of going... I have next Tuesday and Wednesday off work and I'm really wanting someone to hunt with. I'm looking at going east like out Bone road a ways and hunting unit 69. I've never hunted elk in Idaho before. It's supposed to rain hear in town Monday and Tuesday which means snow up high, which could push 'em down. email me @ bradford.huntsman at gmail
[signature]
hey im also going/thinking of going tue. i am thinking of going up bone road i can take you where we went today and i seen 4 3 cows and a bull or we can go where ever i can pitch in for gas or ill drive i have a S.U.V if you have a truck id say take a truck pm me we can talk more if you want thanks...... i have a cow tag and im going alone let me know... we can mt up in IDAHO FALLS or where ever im in Pocatello...
[signature]