Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview ( report )
Fished Pineview like I always do . Caught lots of smallies ( about 50 ) , but most where small . About 10 of them where about 12 " . Never fished senkos before today . Wow those things really work . Hooked a muskie on my third cast in the wee hours on a big topwater lure . only had one hook in the fish and he thru it when he got close to shore . Looked to be about 30" . I pretty sure I hooked another on a tandem spinner bait . Never got a good look at it but it hammered it hard and spun me around in my tube . I know some day I will have to deal with those teeth .Seen a 40 " caught by some guys in a boat . Got my camera out and this thing did a tail dance right by the boat . Missed the pic , but got a few of it before it showed them who was boss . It broke off while they where trying to unhook it . They told me they caught one other today and that was all . Now my baitcasting reel is in a rats nest , so I better get it fix before next weekend gets here . Most fish caught today where from shore . As it warmed up the seem to go deep and bite was slower but still a good fishing day for me .
[signature]
Hellsangler69,

What size and color Senko were you using for the Smallies? How were you rigging it? I have some Senkos but I haven't used them much because they are such a finesse worm. It takes alot of patience and I like to cover alot of water. If thier working then hell got a use em!

Al
[signature]
Hey good report HA69, Glad to hear ya got into some action up at pineview. Yer day will come and when it does it will be just that much sweeter. Now about that girlish figure of yours ........ are you sure it's budlight ya been drinking?

What part of the lake where ya fishing in pard. Would like FB2 to at least hook something. Better yet would like him to hook and land a big ole muskie before me. Then he could have bragging rights till the day I die LOL. Man would he love that!
[signature]
All colors I tried worked .3" to 5" . I only have about five colors , but the color #157 smoke W/blk/purple in a 3" worked real good . Had to switch to a g-lock worm hook size 1 after several of them swallowed it on a regular offset worm hook . I think I injured one , but hope a muskie got some bass for dinner . Fished with no weight and alot of hits on it before it even got close to the bottom . It was kinda rough doing in the wind but it still worked well . I tried to get some folks set up to fish this style but I don't think it is for everyone either , or I'm a poor teacher . The more I think about it , I bet I had over 50 fish by noon . I had a audience watching me by then and decide to get out of there and go eat . When I got there in the morning I had the hole place to myself . I also rigged up small curly tail on a roadrunner jig set up . It worked good too . I did try to find the perch but didn't have any luck . Seen some gills cruising the shore line .

Here is a pic of the muskie I seen caught .

I'll try and get it later the pic that is .
[signature]
here's the pic . My website I can't log in for some error so it took some time to get the pic down to the right size to post . I'm still a rookie at this !!!!!!
[signature]