Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake
Fished Utah Lake around the Pelican Point area last evening with Loanfish and his wife. Had a great time, I got skunked with two rods -- missed a few bites and they caught five mudcats between them fishing with one rod each. I guess that I was playing the gracious host. The wind was blowing -- not enough to make it dangerous, but apparently enough to stir up the mud and shut down the bite. One boater said the fishing had been good in the morning before the wind came up. I was amazed at how much they have improved that marina since the last time I was out there. It is really nice, now if they just don't turn it into a private one. I am in bad need of a catfish fix. I have had three trips to Utah Lake and I have caught a total of one channel cat.
[signature]
Well Kent were gonna have to change that and get some nice cats. That was definitely strange yesterday! But i'm always ready for a nice catfight. And you were a great host and I look forward to fishing with you again! Thank You again.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
I fished Lincoln beach on the friday the 5 th. Caught 4 channel cats and several mud cats. Total of 8 channels in the boat for 4 of us. Using shirmp on the bottom and under a bobber. The bigest cat was caught on a piece of hotdog soaked in vineger and garlic. We were out about 4 hours.

Good luck
[signature]
good to have you here knight, thanks for the report!

sm
[signature]
Good to have you on the site Knight, any size to the channel cats you caught? I've heard of people using hotdogs but this is the first time I've heard of soaking them in vinegar and garic, thanks for the idea. WH2
[signature]
Welcome aboard knight! That's new to me to. Never heard of vinegar and garlic, but I do like to put my shrimp in garlic. Look forward to your future posts!

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
The fish were in the 3-5 lb range. I had read about the hotdog and garlic idea somewhere else. I have been lurking for quite awhile, thought it was time to join in. Thanks
[signature]
I was at Lindon Boat Harbor last Saturday from 8-10 pm. I was able to hook into a good-sized channel cat while fishing for LMB on the southeast corner of the north dike. Must have been close to a 10 pounder. I was fishing in probably 2 ft. of water really close to shore. At first I thought it was largemouth until he surfaced and I saw the black/white colors on him. Caught him on a red Yamamoto worm, Texas-rigged. That was my only fish for the night, nevertheless, it was a good one.

Kastmaster

P.S. Kent, if you want to get together sometime, PM me. I am usually available during the day.