Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ticked off a 4-point
It's pre rutt thats for sure .
See this guy , little rack but a big body with a temper to match .
He has a scrape going and well I just couldn't resist screwing with his head .

I brushed a little tarsal gland sent in the area and then left a little of myself in the scrape , then headed up the treestand and waited to see what happened .

Just before dark he came in , the tarsal musta got his attention first because he posed a fighting stans and started to bellow , first in one direction , then another and another . Then he started to wizz here and there .

When he checked his scrape all hell broke loose .
Leaves and dirt went flying everywhere . He made about a 15 foot circle around it and went back to kicking up more dirt , not just once but a few times, all the time big ol' bellows coming from his lungs .

Ya' would have thought I said something bad about his mama the way he carried on .It kinda reminded me of one of those big bulls you see in the bullfights down in Mexico .

The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes , he would go away for a few minutes and come back and repete the whole thing over again. I'm pretty sure his bladder was bone dry and every branch or bush in the area carried his scent from his head and legs .

I gotta try this on a big bucks scrape , just to keep him around for a good shot .
[signature]