Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monpellier Opening
Cant say I had good luck. Had my chance first light on opening day but couldnt really judge him so I decided to ride it out hoping for something better. My brother in law shot at a 3 or small 4 point but came up short due to some nerves. Other then those couple on opening day, all the rest of the days all I came across was out of state hunters and very few people having any luck.
Hopefully this next weekend I can pull something off, if I dont decide to go hit up Salmon Falls for some walleye.
[signature]
were you on the draw unit side or the west side of the valley
[signature]
I was on the non draw side with the other million people. That unit is getting hammered. Seen tons of deer the last couple years coming out of there and now you can see the effect. Only deer we seen coming out were a small 4 point and then 2 does getting exploded on the highway. Its amazing to watch how some people drive when they see people slowing down for apparently no reason and so they fly around them and BOOM oh there were some deer on the road. BRILLIANT
[signature]
i think they need to make all the boarder units draw hunt like the malad unit with unlimited tags but residents only. i think the out of staters realy hammer those boarder units. and thats coming from a utahn. but i think the hunts would all be better off if they made everything draw.
[signature]
This next year they are shutting it down for the four wheelers like with most of the units. Well on the trails that is. I think that will discourage alot of people but also kinda sucks for some of the disabled guys I know that almost have to ride just to get out.
[signature]
Disabled guys can get a key for the gates. If your pickin' berries you can still use your 4 wheeler. And you can always use your 4 wheeler to pull game out. The only thing that the law does is force people to road hunt. Go figure!!!
[signature]
Tried my luck up around Robbers Roost by Inkom these last couple of days. Now that they have made the other side of the highway draw only man there are alot of people up there. Seeing lots of big does with lots and lots of fawns. Only one buck that was scared off by another hunter that didnt know how to pay attention to his surroundings. Anyone else seeing much down this way? Running out of normal stop spots that a million people arent at.
[signature]
Still no luck yet? I see ur from chubbuck me to.. Maybe we sould get together and go after some eye's?? Good luck with the hunt sorry im no help...
[signature]