Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview and Bear Lake report
Started out the holiday by fishing Pineview on Thursday. Got on the water at 10:00am and started trolling for tigers. We caught a 44" right at the dock at the Cemetary launch ramp, and a 43" on the west shore. Left at 1:00pm and headed up to Bear lake for the weekend.

Fishing at bear lake was slow for Lake trout, or should I say nonexistant. Cutthroat fishing was slow but consistant. We were catching cutthroat downrigging in 35' of water on the east shore using Vampire Rapalas. We were averaging about one an hour when we were fishing for them. The largest we caught was 6 lbs, the rest were 18" to 22".
What were you using when you caught the Tigers? Did you get any pics? Nice report, thanks.
[signature]
we were using shad raps. I got pictures but they are on 35mm film. I would need it developed on disc to post at this time. Maybe on a later date I will post them.
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Wow,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]A 43 and a 44!! For me, either one of those would qualify for an imitation mount![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]After I went out with you last time, all I can think about is getting back up there![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Good report SS ... keep um comming.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Now that you no how to catch them it will not take long to get that wallhanger. I would wait for the 48" to 50" tiger to get a replica. Those are the true trophies at pineview. If you fish there often enough it will happen.