Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 deer hunt
Well we (my brother in law and i) are done!!! we tagged out. I got mine (a 2x3) about 6:15pm and then by 8:25am he had his (2x2) in the back of the truck. I shot at mine a couple of days before and nerves got the best of me and i missed him. So i decided to give him a couple of days and stay quite on where i seen him and then went back and sat down and sure enough here he came working his way across the hill down to some apples and plums....

The next morning we where going up this hill side slipping every step where it rained all night long. There stood 5 bucks watching us we waited out tell they broke up and started off then when the big one 3 or a 3x4 started off the group my bro in law missed him and there stood behind him a 2x2 so he decided he (first buck) he just wanted a deer so he took him since the bigger one was LONG gone.... will post pix of his later also... We where in the Mink Creek (PRESTON AREA) Unit.. Lots of bucks coming out this year and lots of deer.. I've seen prob 10 bucks but all little dudes and countless of doe's...

Ill have to post pix later im still working on putting them in the freezer....

Well i just got my antlers done and now gotta go in the shop and make me up a plaque for em.... here he is.
[signature]
nice glad to see your not gonna eat tag soup. now i need to fill both my deer tags so i can focus on steelhead
[signature]
thanks, yeah I know some who always get stuck with "tag soup" doesnt seem to good looking LOL!! nice elk by the way chrome!! I'm thinking of going out for elk this yr be the first yr dont really know where to go thinking of unit 69. Just want the meat i love elk........
[signature]
wait for the snow to make them move!!!! plan on a lot of gas drive around with good binos a spotting scope and your rifle. and be prepared to deal with some people.
[signature]
Ill keep that in mind, You know the unit 69?? heard of lots of elk this yr but i think the bull hunt will have em mixed up before the cow hunt... Thanks for your input will post what i decide to do and where to go...
[signature]
69 is where i hunt. when i use to rifle hunt it i would wait for the snow then i would drive through text creek down on the wintering grounds. once it snows hard in the high country thats where they head to in that unit.
[signature]
thanks for the info...
[signature]