Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Duck And Goose opener!
The year is starting out good! Geese down! Get out there and get them, I will see you there!

We had hundreds trying to land after we limited out! Got to love them days!
[signature]
ha ha! I've been reading your posts wondering who you were. any bands on them geese? did you hear we got 2? (and no, they weren't chukar bands!)
[signature]
No there were not any bands. That is cool you got some. Wonder if the whole flock was banded? I hope to run into the rest of them up there some time.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Went out with JC the following Monday and killed a few more geese. There are quite a few of them in that area this year.
[signature]
ya I had a feeling the whole flock was banded. that would be a little too weird if only 2 geese were banded and they just happened to be flying side by side in the same flock. But then, maybe it's a status thing. Maybe when geese get banded, it starts going to their head, and they start thinking that they are cooler than everybody else, [cool] so then they decide that they are only going to hang out with other banded birds - since they are the only ones cool enough to hang out with them. [laugh]

Either way, we got our certificates yesterday, and they were both banded near Benson. Kinda weird that they ended up there huh? My dad was guessing grey's lake.

Nice job on the elk by the way, lots of people have a hard time killing those things with rifles.
[signature]
i was curious if they were just local valleye birds this early in the season. Seems later in the year you get the northern bands coming in
[signature]
They were local birds. It seems the numbers of locals have been growing in certain areas that are not federal marshes and dropping in the areas that are federal run marshes.
[signature]