Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tooner to Tuber conversion
[cool][#0000ff]Good brother Wildcat94 has been a devout holy tooner. But, he has been so impressed with the shining example I have set, he decided to convert to tubeology. We took care of the baptism and confirmation this morning at the Church of the 7th Day Angler...Willard Bay South Marina chapel.

Bryce had studied his assigned lessons well, and was fully prepared physically, spiritually and with a new Fat Cat tube. Baptism...by complete immersion from the waist down...was accomplished at about 8 AM. Temperature of the "holy water" was 54 at the beginning of services and had warmed a couple of degrees at the conclusion of worship.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We were blessed with only light breezes, but they kept changing direction so that we never knew how far we should wander from the vestibule (channel). I did not think it advisable to burden a new convert to such a harsh lesson as having to fight back to the ramp against a fearsome gale.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Bryce did stay closer, while I wandered further down the dikes north of the channel entrance. It was well that he did, for verily he did feel the strain of using muscles he had not been using...even in his regular football workouts. His faith and his kitty catching skills enabled him to add a few "converts" to his basket, in spite of limited mobility.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I was guided to move upon the waters unto a favored lair of heathen catfish. There I set about exacting a severe toll upon them. I enticed several to accept the offerings of minnows and pierced their mouths with sharp hooks. I then broke away their fearsome spines and confined them to my basket. I did not chastise any wipers or walleyes, but I was able to fool a couple of catfish into becoming impaled upon the white plastic lures with which I had been trying to summon the other species.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Several cats were deemed more worthy than the others and were simply admonished and then released to rejoin their righteous brethren and sistern. Eight were found to be unworthy of release and were shackled until their eventual dismemberment at the cleaning station. Sadly, they are not likely to profit by the lessons to be learned.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]At the conclusion of services, the new tuber pronounced that he was happy to have made the conversion and that he was most happy with his newfound religion...tubeology. Let us hope he attends services regularly and helps in the ridding of unworthy fishes from as many waters as possible.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Great story and its great to have another tuber.
[signature]
Pastor Pat,

thanks buddy for the conversion. i am a believer and love the new ride. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate your time and kindness in getting me to where i am today. I am proud to say i converted from toon to tube my friend

bryce
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Amen and hallelujah.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now lets go fishin'...some more.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The tooners (LIKE ME) will truly miss you, and forgive us, but just not getting it.[crazy]

I picked up another H3 today, but still like my Motor and Oars, but small lakes like Tibble that are motorless will be fun.

Been there done that...[Wink]
[signature]
now why would you go and get another h3.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Oh dont worry i am not gonna retire my toon yet just gonna get a bachelors degree in tubeology. I like both but wanna spend the next year on my tube for me i like to finesse fish for crappie and bass and i feel my tube will allow me to do that better, but when i am gonna chase other species i will always have my toon just for back up
[signature]
[#0000ff]Amen brother! The first time I ever floated was in a round tube in 1994. I was hooked. It was my brothers tube, he had a toon and I was intrigued. I purchased the toon and have enjoyed it since. In 1997 I got mamatrout hooked on tubing and purchased her a 16" caddis. I soon purchased a 20" caddis for myself. Now mamatrout has an FC4 and the minnows each have a 16" tube and the 20" tube gets used by my nephew.[cool] I say the conversion worked! I asked mamatrout if I could try out her FC4 and I got a flat no, so still need to check it out and see how I like it compared to the toon.[cool][/#0000ff]
[signature]
It must be just me cause I don't get how a tube is more FINESSABLE.[crazy]
As you said Albino, you STARTED out in a tube as we all did. BUT, you now have a toon.....why, cause they are more comfortable, face it.[laugh]

I agree, for stillwater, you need all three. SHORE, TUBE and TOON. Specially if you live close to waters.
A personal choice and nothing wrong or right. I just evolved and would NEVER go back to a donut....that is sooooo last week..LOL
But anymore, it is the OUTLAW or the shore. I guess I really did find JUST THE RIGHT BOAT[cool]

Macfly, we traded a trailer I got for free last year to Larry Tullis for the H3.
I think we both got what we wanted.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]

Macfly, we traded a trailer I got for free last year to Larry Tullis for the H3.
I think we both got what we wanted.[/quote]

awesome... must of been one of those deals you could just not pass up... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Wildcat, I just realized, you didn't wear fins with you Pontoon, did you?
[signature]
I like both.
I started out as a teenager in a tire tube with a plywood seat that I made myself and tied on with ropes. (A Loooooong time ago -- there were no commercial tubes available then) Most anything is more comfortable than that was! I wouldn't like going back to a round tube either, but the newer tubes float you higher and are easy to move in the water. What I like about a tube is that it is light and is easy for me to throw it in the trunk of my car and go. It is also nice if I have to carry it a ways to launch it. I really like it for smaller waters.
For larger waters that have an easy launching point I like my toon. I enjoy using the oars to get me to the area I want to cover. I am currently thinking about putting a small electric motor on my toon also. As far as maneuverability I like them both. I use fins with both. In the wind I like the toon because of the oar option. The extra space is nice too.

All in all --- my absolute favorite is: (drum roll please!) fishing small streams and high mountain lakes without either a tube or a toon.
[signature]
Hm, funny[Smile]
But if you have to use one, which would it be. Toon or
tube ?

Peter
[signature]
If I could only have one--- it would probably have to be the tube, because I can go to places in it that I wouldn't lug my toon to. I can fish with the tube just about anywhere I would use my toon, but I can't say the same about using the toon everywhere. I would still miss not having my toon too.

I am definitely spoiled!!!
[signature]
I agree, there are times when the toon is all I want and other times when a tube would be better.
[signature]
I have never been in a tube, round or newer U style so I do not know any better. I love my toon as it is comfortable and with the motor and mods its so damn fun to use and be in.

On the other hand, with the mods, battery and motor its now heavy and ockward. If I cant back up to the water with my truck I may not use it. SO...........

I am going to get a Super Fat Cat this winter and get it ready for next year and be multi demoninational. It would be nice to have the SFC when I can't get the Toon to the water. Have a toe dipped in both Toonisim and Tubisim so to speak.

Hell I may even get a big boat some day with down riggers all the goodies and join the church of the "Ignorant and no give damn about the little guy in the tube!" I promise I won't crowd you and run over your lines! (fingers crossed behind my back!)

Im a tool man. I believe the in the "right tool for the job." toon, tubes or boats, what ever it takes as long as dont have to stand on the bank.

Cant wait to try out the SFC next year!

[Wink]
[signature]
I guess I have not come across any water that "I" can get my toon to. Even Little Dell...I can drag my boat down by myself and back up the hill.
No way on earth would I try Strawberry or for that matter Henrys and the other Idaho Lakes, in a tube.
Mirror Lake, Trial, etc...no problem, I can get my toon there.
If I want hike ins, I agree, shore is good enough.

QUOTE: "I can fish with the tube just about anywhere I would use my toon, but I can't say the same about using the toon "

You would take your tube on Strawberry? I guess cool if you stay close to shore, but that might not be where the fish are.

I guess it is because I have had every style of tube out there. That is why my current choice.
Not a big burly woman by any means, but like I said, haven't come across a body of water I can't get my toon to.

EVEN TIBBLE!

Me, if I could only have one....it would be the full dress Harley with all the advantages over the moped with limitations.[laugh]
Both will get the job done.....LOL
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]This is turning out to be a good thread for illustrating what I have been trying to get across for many years: It is legal to have both a tube and a toon...and to use them both as you see fit for your personal styles of fishing. It is also legal to have a boat, a kayak, a canoe or anything else that floats. (Whatever floats your whatever)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What a lot of more recent floatology converts do not appreciate as much as us "patriarchs and patriarchesses" is the incredible advances that have been made in recent years. We have so many more choices in styles, quality, designs, colors and all the other options. It is simultaneously more confusing to the newbie but to their advantage in being able to put together a system that suits their needs more closely. As long as someone invests a bit of time in doing their "due diligence" before buying they should be happy. SHOULD BE. But, we all know that no matter what we get we immediately start messin' with it or planning a bigger and better ride as soon as we can get away with it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Fun, fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][cool][#0000ff]This is turning out to be a good thread for illustrating what I have been trying to get across for many years: It is legal to have both a tube and a toon...and to use them both as you see fit for your personal styles of fishing. It is also legal to have a boat, a kayak, a canoe or anything else that floats. (Whatever floats your whatever)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What a lot of more recent floatology converts do not appreciate as much as us "patriarchs and patriarchesses" is the incredible advances that have been made in recent years. We have so many more choices in styles, quality, designs, colors and all the other options. It is simultaneously more confusing to the newbie but to their advantage in being able to put together a system that suits their needs more closely. As long as someone invests a bit of time in doing their "due diligence" before buying they should be happy. SHOULD BE. But, we all know that no matter what we get we immediately start messin' with it or planning a bigger and better ride as soon as we can get away with it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Fun, fun.[/#0000ff][/quote]

You are so right TD. I have my SFT for like 6 mounts now,
took it out on the water about 25 times and Im already
looking at Dave Scaddens stuff.
Not that I can get it right now but Im looking.........[Smile]
Got to love it.

Peter
[signature]
Any pic of that old tire tube with plywood?
(why didn't I think of that when I was a kid too?)
[signature]