Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crappie
went crappie fishing ten times this fall. caught very few. too much bait swimming around. why bite a jig when there are ten billion baby fish swimming near the surface waiting to be eaten
[signature]
Then change your bait to look like the baby fish and put it in the water column that the baby fish are in and hold on tight.[cool]
[signature]
did that, caught small catfish, small bass, sand bass, but no crappie. I think the crappie come up and feast for short periods of time and if your not there during that time you can forget it.
[signature]
when crappie are on top the water, and they are a couple times a year, switch to a small hulla popper. yellow works well for me...

or you can go with a live cricket on a number 6 eagle claw no weight on a 4 foot leader behind a clear plastic bubble.
[signature]
I went crappie fishing on the first time I went fishing in about 7 years. Unfortunately Jerry's Landing on Eloika Lake (Spokane WA area) was closing down for the season that day. No night crawlers and just these tiny red and tiny yellow jigs. Did not catch anything. But, it was a great day to sit on the dock and enjoy the sun.

Check out my article which I am going to write in a minute about my first day fishing after many years and read about my 5 pound sun fish. (Last article took couple days to show but it was over the weekend. Figured out how to edit[Image: bobwink.gif] so no article right now.
[signature]
Please read FAQ's before posting any links or similar. Thanks[cool]
[signature]
Sorry, did not consider mentioning an article in the site as a link. dave
[signature]
You can post an article but you cannot post a link of any sort until you reach 15 posts. If you copy and paste the text of the article you are fine. Have you read the FAQ's? It will help you figure out what you can and can't post.
[signature]
Yes, I had read the faq's and read them again after your post. Problem is the definition of "a link." To me, that meant www. whatever.com. I did not consider mentioning an article I was writing within the site a link. While I did not consider it a link, upon reflection, I do not argue the point a reference to something can also be a link. Will refain in the future. Dave
[signature]
Like i said, an article is fine. A link is not.
[signature]
Well when i feed the crappie in my aquarium they tend to get there fill and then stop for awhile. The ones i have would put like 4 in there mouth and then they would eat and spit them out and eat on them some more then maybe 1 after that. then they wont eat for like 4 to 6 hours afterwards.
They swim in schools so i guess its just instincts to try and eat as much so others dont steal it. so im sure there are alot in the school that dont eat.
[signature]