Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pumpkinseed Sunfish
[size 1]In an effort to help each other get on the fish, we will be adding a series of posts entitled by the type of fishing we are targeting and would like all users who wish to include their "favorite way to catch these fish", "favorite spots" (doesn't have to be exact), "favorite guides for these fish", "tackle tips", "recommended tackle", "beginner tips", "boating techniques" or any other information you feel would be helpful to other anglers targeting this type of fish.

For State Record Information Please visit:

[#333366][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/records/"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/records/[/url][/#333366] [/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
we got so many of those pumpkinseeds. we throw em back. never ate one. really, are they good?? do they taste like the smallmouth or total differnt?? much meat on em?
[signature]
HI HTERE BUD, WELL, i,m herein vermont, the ponds lakes beaver dams and some brooks have em. yes they are pretty .from what dave said we got talkin bout em one day, they,re are alot of different breeds of em/ we have the blue orange some yeller on em, that,s one fish i,m sayin that have all these colors on em. then we have a green one with goldeyes, and green with red eyes, and shped just like the pumpkinseed. i don,t know what they are or what ya call em, but size wize there pretty big for a pumpkinseed shaped the same body though. so you tell me haha never et one. but they are pretty much everywhere here.boy they love nightcrwlers!! haha don,t they/ haha. i just love catchin my trout. i go brook fishin alot!take care have fun fishin!
[signature]
ho bc, wll the blue sunfish i,m talkin bout, is blue green together on it,s body and orange and white on belly and little yeller outline of the belly. so i don,t know. what the are but we call em sunfish haha maybe they are your bluegills,. the green ones i thought you are talkin bout i thought ours looked like the one dave showend me fer eatin. but didn,t know if they had the red eyes or green eyes he had. we got plenty in our ponds lakes brooks.gonna make some choc chip cookies to go on the trip with ahaha if thye make it that long haha ya want some?? later
[signature]