Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bishop area
I was wondering if there are any big fish members out there from the bishop area . I am thinking about going up there on sunday and was wondering if a three hour drive is worth it . I havent been there for years and i know that the fishing is great , but do the fish bite all day and what is the first lake you get to (off 395 ) and how is it there ? What do they bite on ?

If anyone can help that would be cool !!

kzilla
[signature]

Hi kzilla02,

In the archives for late May I and others have posted a bunch of really good sources to access on the internet BEFORE heading up there.

I think it's really getting hot up there now. A must stop place would be the flyfising shop in Bishop for the latest on the owens river, etc.

I'll follow with something more later before you take off.

JapanRon
[signature]
kzilla02: From Long Beach to Bishop it is about 4 1/2 t0 5 hours away at normal speeds. The easiest lakes to fish are Crowley and Convict because they are practically sitting on 395. Crowley is 30 miles up the highway from Bishop and Convict is about 35 miles from Bishop.There are many many more further up the highway but more distant into the upper country.

I have written many messages about Crowley in the past. They are buried somewhere in these boards mostly in the California section.(Check with "The Angler" on how to find them) Crowley has mostly 1 1/2 to 2 pound rainbows. In the other lakes the trout are mostly plants to a max of 12 inches.

If you fish Crowley from shore try to fish the Hilton Arm. It was really producing some nice fish.Inflated crawlers are the best with yellow flake Power Bait dipped in Crave Gravy a close second.

The smartest move you can make is to inquire at the Lakes' tackle stores (not the Sporting Goods in Bishop)about what to use for bait. Make sure you ask them how to use a bubble and fly outfit. Good luck
[signature]

Hi there kzilla02,

I was so tired from hauling in those 40 to 50 sandies on the plastics yesterday that I gave up on checking out the archves for ya last night. So here's how it's done.

After reading this, click the back button to return to the first page ON THE CALIFORNIA BOARD. Scroll down to the bottom of the post entries. On the left bottom corner of the last post underlined title you'll find a series of page numbers 1 2 3....Next. Some of gvanzants posts are on page 5 and my info is on page 6. Others have good comments to so check out the post titles that mention the serrias.

Hope this helps.

JapanRon
[signature]