Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore fishing Jordanelle
I would like to take my kids up to Jordanelle this weekend and do some Perch fishing. I do not have a boat and would like some suggestions on where to fish from the shore. Do I have to pay? Also suggestions on what to use would be helpfull.
[signature]
Hey kidsnme, get off of the hailstone exit and go east. Right before you get to that lodge you have the opportunity to make a left, turn left there and follow that road till you can take your first right, take that and follow that to the gate. It will tell you no tresspassing but i have asked them and they dont mind if you go thru that area to get to the lake as long as your out of there at abbout 4 pm because that is when they close the gates. Also please take a garbage bag along, take all your trash and any other you see there. Last time i was there they said that if people can't keep it clean and take all their trash out then they will close it to anyone for good. It is called the perimeter trail. Hope this helps.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Loanfish,

Thanks for the information. Do I have to pay to get into this area? Is this a good area for Perch?
[signature]
No you do not have to pay. this is where i do all of my perch fishing. there are also several bays you can chose from. It is a little hike but I brought my 2 and 3 year old to 2 of those bays. they are pretty easy hikes and the fishing is well worth it. just cast all around till you get a steady bite, then its non-stop action.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Loanfish,

That is what I love about this sight, there is always someone that can help.

Thanks
[signature]
Hey Kidsnme. Were putting together a perch party for august 1st and 2nd.It will be an overnighter. If you can only make it one day that's fine too. We'd love to have you and your kids there. It is going to be a blast! We are working out the details right now but we'll keep you posted under the "1ST ANNUAL PERCH PARTY are you coming" thread. Or just keep your eyes peeled for any threads relating to that matter. Put it in your calendar, were gonna have a great time and all the kids will too.Not to mention all the perch you can eat! (and hopefully fillet to)HAHAHA!

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
I thought that I would bring this request back up to the top. I would like any more suggestions on where to go and also what is the best way to catch the Perch.
[signature]
kidsnme,

You could go to the north end off the hwy to Kamas, take the turn off on the upper road, the lower is a maintenace road that is gated and the upper (just a short distance further takes you further in). You can either walk down the roadway about 3/4 mi. (it is also blocked off from motor vehicles a ways in), or walk down to the north end bay directly underneath and fish. You can also cast small jigs like crappy jigs ,etc, for the perch. I would think that worm and a bobber is as good as any, but you gut hook a lot more and would have to keep em. Just walk the shore line until you find a lot of em. Shouldn't be hard. Larger perch are probably in deeper water.

Leaky
Leaky,

Thank you for the info.

Watchout Perch Here I Come!!!!!
[signature]
Just bring it back to the top. More info the better.
[signature]
I also caught as few nice bigger perch on a white and yellow skirted med sized spinnerbait I was using for smallies. Of course I caught mostly smallies but afew nice perch as well.
[signature]