Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elk Rack Sheds?
Hey guys,

I wanted to go hunting this year, but I didn't get to get into the hunter's safety class thing in time so I have to wait until next year. Sad

That brings me to my next topic...I live in Rexburg and want to possibly find some elk rack sheds (since I can't shoot a bull of my own). Do you guys have any idea where I might even begin to look for some? Also, generally when do the elk start shedding their racks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! You can PM me if you want... Heck, if you help me enough I would probably even pay you some for great info! Thanks!

Josh
[signature]
i noticed your in rexburg so up on the rexburg bench is a good place to look for sheds start looking at the end of febuary thats when the deer and elk both start losing their antlers
[signature]
Hey, where (and what) is the Rexburg bench?
[signature]
you know all the vastness behind the temple? that.
[signature]
Oh yeah? There are elk out that way?? I didn't know that...
[signature]
elk, moose, deer, wolves, the ocasional grizz.
[signature]
Horn hunting is extremely competetive in this area. A lot of guys know where the local heards winter and they are there the day they drop their sheds. You can also find them out on the big desert after they open up the roads. I think it opens for horn hunting the beginning of April.

Windriver
[signature]
isnt there a season for collecting them. or did they do away with that. if there isnt i realy think they shoudl be.... it doestn help the animals when they are weakened from the winter and are having to move out of the area from ppl hunting for horns
[signature]
There use to be one.. It was May 1st there still is the season in WYO but not in Idaho anymore....
[signature]