Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach short fishing trip
Decided I couldn't sit home on such a beauty day and headed down to the lake.Launched around 8:30 or so. Water temp was 43 inside the boat ditch. Went out to where a group of folks were fishing, just out and west of the "L". Marked some big fish in nine feet and set up on a dropoff from five to nine. Saw one fellow just southeast of me catch a Walleye on a jig. Then I was sitting there in the bow enjoying the sunny day, looked down at my little cooler and it was moving around.???? Now, that isn't really a good sign.Either it grew legs or,,, the boat is filling up with water!
I turned on the bilge pumps, only one kicked on, pulled up the anchor and headed towards the marina. It finished pumping out about the time I got the boat on the trailer. Decided I better go home and do some fiberglass work. So no fish for me.
By the way, I knew I knocked a hole in the boat last week when I was putting it on the trailer at Yuba. Just didn't think it was that bad. Anybody that has known me for a while knows my boat has numerous holes from ice breaking, so, they don't bother me much. I just go home, patch em up and go again. Or wait until I almost sink the boat and patch them up. Depends on the size of the hole.
Water temp in the boat was 46 when I put it on the trailer.
[signature]
I don't care what anyone says....Now THAT is funny!! LMAO

Glad you made it back and are ok.
[signature]
LOL, that has got to be a record on how many times you have repaired that boat. Good to hear you made it back to the dock safely. Too bad the fish did not bite while you were there but I guess you did not have much time[Wink]. Is your big game hunting over for this year?
[signature]